Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

New AEV CA brackets

Old 04-27-2010, 07:10 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

These brackets may be the shiznat! I may order some and also replace my control arm bushings with some from RE. Coilovers may become a thing of the past for ride with stuff like this comin out. haha.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:47 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also have the AEV 4.5 lift but sometime next week was thinking about swapping out the CA'S with the 1's from Teraflex. Any comments would be appreciated
Old 04-27-2010, 07:58 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by bayoujeeper
I also have the AEV 4.5 lift but sometime next week was thinking about swapping out the CA'S with the 1's from Teraflex. Any comments would be appreciated
Control arms from TF are beefy as hell and can take a helluva smack. I have the front lowers only with my TF 4in springs. I was gonna get the rest of the short arms, but I think I'm gonna hold off till I can get the full longarm set.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:58 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by mkjeep
Control arms from TF are beefy as hell and can take a helluva smack. I have the front lowers only with my TF 4in springs. I was gonna get the rest of the short arms, but I think I'm gonna hold off till I can get the full longarm set.
Thats what i heard, Think i will go with the longarm set myself.
Old 05-03-2010, 04:48 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had dreams of a long arm kit.. The the funds definitely aren't allowing for it. If quadratec ever ships the bracket i'll post up how it works out for me.

I may have to cancel the quadratec order and order them directly.
Old 05-05-2010, 07:40 AM
JK Freak

Anyone... Could these be used with my 1 3/4 " lift, in order to correct my flighty/darty response, (trying to avoid the cost of L.C.A.'s) ? Or would these brackets create a negative effect as my lift is half the measure of the "AEV" 3.5 " design ? Don't care about dropped exposure (sand & snow only).
Old 05-05-2010, 09:48 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Orangutan
Anyone... Could these be used with my 1 3/4 " lift, in order to correct my flighty/darty response, (trying to avoid the cost of L.C.A.'s) ? Or would these brackets create a negative effect as my lift is half the measure of the "AEV" 3.5 " design ? Don't care about dropped exposure (sand & snow only).
I don't think 1 3/4 is enough lift to use this brackets, the arms would literally be pointing up, I don't see why you have a problem with such a small lift
Old 05-05-2010, 11:36 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by robin
I don't see why you have a problem with such a small lift
One would think huh... Thanks for the reply, looks like Ben X 3 for the L.C.A.'s
Old 10-16-2010, 11:32 AM
JK Freak

Default AEV control brackets

Well, while I was trying to fix death wobble (later attributed to loose bolts in the high steer kit/tack bar assembly); I went ahead and put in the AEV drop brackets on my 4.5 AEV lift. I already had Rock Krawler adjustable LCA's, but since they have a great bend toward the front, the ground clearance is not that drastic as compared to stock arms or even Teraflex arms with these brackets. Yeah, the clearance on the upper mount is lower by around 3 inches; the amount of off road driving on boulders compared to all round dirt/rock trails is minimal for me. All I can say is that the ride is amazing now. It appears that all the bumps are soaked up more by the shocks than transmitting through the body. Cornering is greater as well. I do wonder if it would have been possible to use the brackets only for the upper stock arms arms for proper angle and utilize the stock mounting location for the LCA's? Just a thought if you want maximum ground clearance with aftermarket LCA's but retaining the stock uppers.
Old 12-08-2011, 04:31 AM
JK Newbie

I have had these on 2 JKs now, 2010 JK and a 2012 now. While at Rausch Creek, PA wheeling a black/red I slammed the entire weight of a 2010 Unlimited down on one, have done it in the passed a number of times, but this time it actually bent it in towards the center of the jeep. Bracket didn't break, crack or anything it just bent a bit, I'll have to get a pick of them posted up. Jeep was completely drive able for the trip 175 mile trip back to DC Area and for about 2 weeks after with out any issues untill the 2nd set I orded to show up to replace the bent on. Yes I loose about inches ground clearance, but its still not lower then the pumpkin / axle. They can easily be installed by one person on flat level surface. If you haven't driven one with a set, your missing out. They where designed by one of the original JK suspension engineers that now works for AEV.

Quick Reply: New AEV CA brackets