Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

New AEV 2.5" DualSport XT Suspension Lift Question

Old 11-06-2012, 05:02 PM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by duffyboby

Is that winter chill? I LOVE that color, looks good with your setup!
No, actually it's metallic silver on a COD MW3 edition.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Phunkeydude

No, actually it's metallic silver on a COD MW3 edition.
Oh my bad, there is like a shade of blue on in the color. Still looks very good tho!
Old 01-02-2013, 11:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

I already ordered this kit with brackets. My installer said he would recommend a front trackbar. Do I need one?? I hate to get the kit on and the axle be way off or ride quality be affected.

Last edited by DallasJKU; 01-02-2013 at 11:29 PM.
Old 01-03-2013, 02:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DallasJKU
I already ordered this kit with brackets. My installer said he would recommend a front trackbar. Do I need one?? I hate to get the kit on and the axle be way off or ride quality be affected.
I have zero problems w my lift. Everything done in my garage w only the correction brackets, Northridge bokt lit, and Pocal options. Unsure why some others are having some issues. No alignment issues. Tires are prob offset ~1/4" from stock - no need to do a track bar. Awesome riding lift. Has your installer ever done the 2-1/2 AEV or is it what they 'think' you will need based on other lifts they've done? Install they way it comes and you should be good-to-go. My $.02
-Cheers
Old 01-03-2013, 02:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No You won't need it .

Trust me, if it was needed, AEV would have put it or offered it.
Old 01-03-2013, 02:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

No you don't need it. AEV did a good job designing the kit. Tell the installer to follow the instructions and torque everything correctly.

I installed this lift 2 weeks ago. I also installed the front drop brackets. Handles great.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 65Cobra
I have zero problems w my lift. Everything done in my garage w only the correction brackets, Northridge bokt lit, and Pocal options. Unsure why some others are having some issues. No alignment issues. Tires are prob offset ~1/4" from stock - no need to do a track bar. Awesome riding lift. Has your installer ever done the 2-1/2 AEV or is it what they 'think' you will need based on other lifts they've done? Install they way it comes and you should be good-to-go. My $.02
-Cheers
The installer said he has put one on every JK to avoid death wobble and the stock one is flimsy compared to it.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

The installer said he has put one on every JK to avoid death wobble and the stock one is flimsy compared to it.
It may be 'more stout' than the stock one, but this is likely to be of no concern if you are doing basic wheeling and not hardcore crawling. Pretty sure the Northridge bolt kit takes care of any death wobble issues. Go with what you are comfortable with. It's only $$$$$, right??!!

Last edited by 65Cobra; 01-03-2013 at 06:25 AM.
Old 01-03-2013, 05:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 65Cobra

It may be 'more stout' than the stock one, but this is likely to be of no concern if you are doing basic wheeling and not hardcore crawling. Pretty sure the Northridge bolt kit takes care of any death wobble issues. Go with what you are comfortable with. It's only $$$$$, right??!!
I'm pretty comfortable with the AEV after talking to them today. I think a lot of the installers are so used to TJ's and used them frequently that they aren't as familiar with AEV.
Old 01-03-2013, 05:23 PM
JK Newbie

Just a quick question on the aev 2.5.... Would it be better to get sway bar links than use the brackets?... And what sway bar link that aren't disco...(just light off road here)

Quick Reply: New AEV 2.5" DualSport XT Suspension Lift Question