Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

New AEV 2.5" DualSport XT Suspension Lift Question

Old 10-11-2012, 10:32 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah def let me know how they hold up under load!... Have a goodtime!... Unfortunately gotta wait til tax time to get everything, but nothing wrong wit Lookin into what I want to get!...thanx for the solid info every1...
Old 10-11-2012, 11:27 AM
JK Newbie

There's such a love-hate thing with this lift. I was looking at the AEV lift, then got sold (but haven't yet bought) a Terraflex 3", and read this...seems the jury is still out.
Old 11-03-2012, 08:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've had my kit installed for about 500 miles. I love the stance and like the ride but I am getting some vibrations at 45± mph and worse as speed increases . Per Northridge recommendations I bought teraflex lower front control arms instead of the aev brackets. I have them set at the recommended length but could they be too far out? Should I just order the brackets? Could something else be in a bind? Other ideas? My jk only has 4k miles and none off road to have torn anything up. This is my third lifted jk and first aev, but the first time I've had vibration like this. I feel it mostly in the seats and gas pedal. Similar to a tire out of balance but I have had 2 sets of wheels on it with same feeling so I don't think it is that. Thanks for any ideas.
Old 11-03-2012, 09:29 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by m0brando
I've had my kit installed for about 500 miles. I love the stance and like the ride but I am getting some vibrations at 45± mph and worse as speed increases . Per Northridge recommendations I bought teraflex lower front control arms instead of the aev brackets. I have them set at the recommended length but could they be too far out? Should I just order the brackets? Could something else be in a bind? Other ideas? My jk only has 4k miles and none off road to have torn anything up. This is my third lifted jk and first aev, but the first time I've had vibration like this. I feel it mostly in the seats and gas pedal. Similar to a tire out of balance but I have had 2 sets of wheels on it with same feeling so I don't think it is that. Thanks for any ideas.
With brackets the front axle can only end up in a location that is predetermined by the brackets. With arms, the length determines the axle location.

Setting the arms to a recommended length should work, but the only way to know for sure is measure the castor angle. The castor angle can be as low 4.5 degrees. If it is more than about 6 degrees, the pinion angle gets to the point where the DS might wobble.

If measuring the castor angle is a PITA, you could try changing the arm length to see if it gets better or worse.

There's probably no reason to change to brackets. Most likely you just need to find the sweet spot on your adjustable arms.
Old 11-04-2012, 05:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by m0brando
Did you torque the control arms at rest height? I know that can cause some issues. I know it's A LOT of work but your best bet would be to loosen and retorque the suspension.
Old 11-04-2012, 12:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yes, I torqued them on the ground. One thing I didn't do was loosen the frame side of the upper fronts when I put the lift on. I have considered loosening and retorquing all - ugh. I might play with the length of the control arms first. Thanks for the ideas!
Old 11-05-2012, 08:03 PM
JK Newbie

I am in the process of ordering this lift. I plan on running 35s( duratracs) on a set of xd rims with a 4.5 backspace. Would I have to buy extended bump stops or spacers so I didn't have any rubbing or fitment issues?
Old 11-05-2012, 08:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Installed correction brackets and replaced the CA bolts with the Northridge kit. My 12 JKU drives like a car with just a Teraflex leveling kit. And I was at only 5.25 inches. Well worth it if you are a mall rat or light wheeler.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:56 PM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the AEV 2.5" with the correction brackets. Running 35s and only had to trim the rock rails back by the rear wheel well for rubbing. I also did beef up the front end with Dynatrac ball joints, Teraflex track bar, and Currie drag link & tie rod and a Rancho steering stabilizer w/ synergy relocation brackets.

It has a nice stance, rides well around town and does well on trails like Hell's Revenge in Moab, UT. I am pleased with the kit and height.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1220380829.jpg
Views:	438
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	385808   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2333295465.jpg
Views:	447
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	385809   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1062446043.jpg
Views:	456
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	385810  
Old 11-06-2012, 03:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Phunkeydude
I have the AEV 2.5" with the correction brackets. Running 35s and only had to trim the rock rails back by the rear wheel well for rubbing. I also did beef up the front end with Dynatrac ball joints, Teraflex track bar, and Currie drag link & tie rod and a Rancho steering stabilizer w/ synergy relocation brackets.

It has a nice stance, rides well around town and does well on trails like Hell's Revenge in Moab, UT. I am pleased with the kit and height.
Is that winter chill? I LOVE that color, looks good with your setup!

Quick Reply: New AEV 2.5" DualSport XT Suspension Lift Question