Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

New AEV 2.5" DualSport XT Suspension Lift Question

Old 05-06-2012, 09:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jpzjk
2011 rubicon unlimited hardtop.........I gained 3.5" in the front and 3" in the rear. Stock bumper is in the front and a genrite/AEV tire carrier in the back.

2. 5 with the correction brackets

The steering is more precise , and the ride is greatly improved. Very pleased with the lift

Hope that helps
As AEV is one of the few road legal lifts in Germany I was also thinking of the 2.5" AEV.
If the 2.5" lifts so high, what about the 3.5" ??
It should rise the JK then for at least 4" ???

After 3 month of thinking which lift is the right one and where do I have enough money it is at least clear that I´ll stay with a 2.5" lift. And probably the AEV as I could only choose AEV or OME here.
Unfortunatly the prices in Germany are almost double than the US prices...... The 2.5" kit costs almost the same then the 3.5" kit. And that with less parts. No ProCal, jack base less brackets and so on.

So i´m not quite sure to really go with the 2.5" kit. Also because of the height question.....
Old 05-07-2012, 02:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MitchMG
As AEV is one of the few road legal lifts in Germany I was also thinking of the 2.5" AEV.
If the 2.5" lifts so high, what about the 3.5" ??
It should rise the JK then for at least 4" ???

After 3 month of thinking which lift is the right one and where do I have enough money it is at least clear that I´ll stay with a 2.5" lift. And probably the AEV as I could only choose AEV or OME here.
Unfortunatly the prices in Germany are almost double than the US prices...... The 2.5" kit costs almost the same then the 3.5" kit. And that with less parts. No ProCal, jack base less brackets and so on.

So i´m not quite sure to really go with the 2.5" kit. Also because of the height question.....

I know how prices can be much higher in Europe .... It is ridiculous.
What we do here is lobby together (several Jeepers) ... And we make a big order for parts and accessories and share the shipping costs (divided equally according to each Jeeper's total bill)
Old 05-07-2012, 07:30 PM
JK Newbie

Default forward rake...?

its sort of hard to tell by some of the pictures but I was wondering if the suspension got rid of that front rake. I hate that down by the head look. I'm currently using the teraflex spacer leveling kit and want to take the next move and thinking about leaving one of the 1" coil spacers in.
Can anyone offer any advise or thoughts on this? I guess I could try and contact aev...
Old 05-07-2012, 09:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by desertbuzz
I know how prices can be much higher in Europe .... It is ridiculous.
What we do here is lobby together (several Jeepers) ... And we make a big order for parts and accessories and share the shipping costs (divided equally according to each Jeeper's total bill)
Most parts in Germany need papers from the authoroties to be road legal. Wheels, Lifts, Bumpers and so on.
So we can only buy them from a german dealer to get those papers.

The AEV 2.5" kit for instance costs 2115$ ....... without the brackets.....

Most parts which don´t need those papers I´m buying in the US. Even with the high postage, tax and custom fees they are at least 25% percent cheaper.
Old 05-09-2012, 08:52 AM
JK Newbie

Does anyone know if I could install the Teraflex leveling kit with this lift? I already have the leveling kit on my Jeep and I would like to add the spacers on top of the springs if it would work.
Old 05-09-2012, 09:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Taylor4x4
Does anyone know if I could install the Teraflex leveling kit with this lift? I already have the leveling kit on my Jeep and I would like to add the spacers on top of the springs if it would work.
I'm not sure if they will work together, but this lift virtually eliminated the rake for me. Running both (if possible), you may end up with a reverse rake - nose higher than the rear...
Old 05-09-2012, 09:21 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by HogHoden

I'm not sure if they will work together, but this lift virtually eliminated the rake for me. Running both (if possible), you may end up with a reverse rake - nose higher than the rear...
Even with a bumper and winch?
Old 05-09-2012, 10:15 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Taylor4x4
You can absolutely put the pucks in to get rid of rake with this lift. I experimented with just 1 set of 1" puck in the front of mine but it was just to high. I need some 1/2" ones.
Old 05-10-2012, 06:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have this lift with a steel front bumper and winch, while running no rear bumper and I'd say I have 1/4 in of rake left.

I really don't think you will need a leveling kit.
Old 05-17-2012, 06:06 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Chunkster

AEV 2.5 lift installed last week. Drives great and the ride is a little firmer with the Bilstein shocks but nonetheless, great.

New wheels and 33's are next...
Jim
nice lookin jeep

Quick Reply: New AEV 2.5" DualSport XT Suspension Lift Question