Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

New 4" Lift Making a Creaking Noise. Please Help!

Old 08-18-2008, 02:28 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Give me a call.
Old 08-18-2008, 04:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, so I took it out for a test drive again tonight with my buddy as the passenger. The passenger side thump was not really there, so hopefully that is not a problem. The creaking was definately still there at lower speeds. It seems to make the creaking/poping spound on all four corners and especially when turning in either direction or when hitting un even roads or bumps. At constant speeds on flat ground everything seems to be fine. I even took it to a parking lot and drove in a circle a couple times at a constant speed and there was no creaking or poping until I started to turn out of the circle.
Is it possible that the bolts on the control arms are too tight? I can't imagine this being the problem, but it is almost as if the joints are so solid that they are creaking when not at a constant state. I torqued them down as tight as I could with a breaker bar, but the kit did not have any torque specs so I dont know what they should be set at?
Is there usually a break in period for new lifts where this is common?
Old 08-19-2008, 07:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will call soon.

Quick Reply: New 4" Lift Making a Creaking Noise. Please Help!