Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

New 3870 superchips 2011+ programs. Are they working for anybody??

Old 11-12-2013, 04:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Maverik
Just got my new 3870 superchips today and did the computer updates. Plugged it in and it saved files but would not tune, said it needed to be updated. When I plugged back into the computer it said there was no programing for my vehicle (2012 jkur auto). Asked for my email and said I would get a reply in 2 weeks. Anyone else having problems with this??
Follow up with a call to their tech line. You will get a case number and much quicker service than 2 weeks.
Old 11-12-2013, 04:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

All my tunners have said to update before tuning, just ignore it and tune it. I tuned my 11 with no issues and a friend of mine has tuned his 12, again no issues. CALLL THEM if you have question, they are super easy to work with.
Old 11-12-2013, 05:47 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I contacted Scott from superchips though another JK forum and he gave me a one time price of 129.00. I did have some issue with the download\upgrade as they said i was only the second one to do it. I had to send it to superchips and they sent it back in a week but all is good now. It's the same tan color as the flashcal but with the flashpaq programming.
I would call superchips and see if you can get that deal.
Old 11-16-2013, 07:57 AM
JK Newbie

Contacted them and had a tune the next day.....thks SC! Noticeable performance and gas mileage. Luved my SC on my 2009 and looks like this one works as well or better on my 2012. Was a long wait but worth it.
Old 11-16-2013, 08:12 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Contacted them and had a tune the next day.....thks SC! Noticeable performance and gas mileage. Luved my SC on my 2009 and looks like this one works as well or better on my 2012. Was a long wait but worth it.
Nice! What tune are you using? Manual or auto?
Old 11-16-2013, 08:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Congrats! I noticed a big difference as well. To me, it's not so much that it feels like I have more horsepower but instead feels like all 285 ponies are available NOW... not .5 to 1.5 seconds after I step on the pedal. It feels like I recouped some of the drivetrain torque loss. The transmission holds the shifts for just a tick higher on the rpm scale and the switch between gears is faster and more solid and decisive. It feels "tuned". The 5spd auto feels more like the program they put in the Charger R/T 5.7L.

Last edited by JK-linux; 11-16-2013 at 01:31 PM.
Old 11-16-2013, 12:03 PM
JK Newbie

I could not agree more with the fact it feels like torque is more pronounced than before. I just installed on my 2013 given the fact that it run 3.21 factory it made a big difference. I had this on my 2010 with 4.73 gears and I feel more torque now with 3.21 than my old jk. I do have a dynomax VT and an air intake( shunned by some) but none the less the vehicle feels more responsive. I was not looking for huge differences it is not a race car but wanted the rig to feel alive and this so far did the job.

Sent from my DROID3 using JK-Forum-NSA Certified
Old 11-17-2013, 12:31 PM
JK Newbie

87 tune with an auto. Haven't tried the other tunes yet, and will probably never use the other tunes anyway. Shifts nicer, and feels more responsive. No more mushy gas petal. Looks like another 1-2 mpg.....so all good really.
Old 11-17-2013, 12:53 PM
JK Freak

Tried to play around with throttle response but i couldnt find it. Only shift options and other stuff ive already played with. Hmm. Updated only last month.

Quick Reply: New 3870 superchips 2011+ programs. Are they working for anybody??