Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

New 2012 JK Sport

Old 01-13-2014, 07:51 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 2012 JK Sport

Hey guys, I'm trading my 99 TJ in on a 2012 JK 2 Door Sport here in the next week or so. My ultimate goal is to be able to attend the JK Experience eventually. I will eventually go to a full coilover suspension with double throwdown in the front and lever system in the rear, both from Evolution Off - Road. Fantastic products there. However, I will not be able to afford all of this until later down the road. For now, I'm going to set up the linkage system that I will use with the coilovers. Is there a long arm system with JJ's or Duroflex joints out yet? I'll be running 35's until I can throw a 44 in the front. I guess my question here is, who offers a reliable long arm kit not using clevite joints? I prefer JJ's or Duroflex. Or who offers a good transition kit to coilovers? Planning on lifting the Jeep around 3.5 to 4 inches with a 1-2 inch spacer in the front to make sure that it sits level. Thoughts? All opinions are appreciated and welcome. Thanks!
Old 01-13-2014, 11:04 AM
JK Freak

Do yourself a favor and don't get a 12 unless it was built after may 2012. Most early models (including mine) have or have had the cylinder head issue. Even if they have been replaced a lot of people have had reoccurring issues. Good luck.
Old 01-13-2014, 03:28 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by HornetJK
Do yourself a favor and don't get a 12 unless it was built after may 2012. Most early models (including mine) have or have had the cylinder head issue. Even if they have been replaced a lot of people have had reoccurring issues. Good luck.
Yes, I had made note of that so before I buy, I will look at the Date of Manufacture to make sure it's a later 2012.
Old 01-14-2014, 11:07 AM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default not all 2012

I had a tick but they say its fuel injector noise I hear and I have 20,000 it was a November 2011 build though its a 2012 rubicon and its not throwing a code I believe it might never as I was told the ones that seem to have issues are the ones that take off no warm ups and get right on high way at hig speeds and some didn't allow proper break in period and didn't up and down in accelerations during the initial break in that's what I was told anyway ! im not having the dreaded sounds I hear on video either and mine was early bird too so i think it depends on driving habits too cant say for sure either way but so far so good on the heads

Last edited by jeepmojo; 01-14-2014 at 11:13 AM.
Old 01-14-2014, 03:59 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jeepmojo
I had a tick but they say its fuel injector noise I hear and I have 20,000 it was a November 2011 build though its a 2012 rubicon and its not throwing a code I believe it might never as I was told the ones that seem to have issues are the ones that take off no warm ups and get right on high way at hig speeds and some didn't allow proper break in period and didn't up and down in accelerations during the initial break in that's what I was told anyway ! im not having the dreaded sounds I hear on video either and mine was early bird too so i think it depends on driving habits too cant say for sure either way but so far so good on the heads
Mine never threw any codes. The serial numbers on my heads were from the bad batch so they went ahead and fixed it. I took deli dry of mine in October 2011. I had a mini tick and they wanted to take care of it before it got worse. Once it gets worse and throws codes it gets to the point of braking down the whole motor or even eventually replacing the engine.
Old 01-14-2014, 05:16 PM
JK Freak

......... Back to the subject of the thread,,,, given your future plans, I would suggest finding a good local off road fabrication shop and explain to them exactly what you are looking for. Then go buy the tubing and Jonny Joints and associated hardware,, and let the shop custom fab up what you need (8 bullet proof adjustable control arms). If it does not meet your needs when its time for the big suspension move you can save the joints and just make different arms. Good luck!

Last edited by big dr; 01-14-2014 at 05:22 PM.

Quick Reply: New 2012 JK Sport