Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

new 2012 jk sahara 4" lift or 6 1/2 lift long arm

Old 07-10-2012, 09:45 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new 2012 jk sahara 4" lift or 6 1/2 lift long arm

hey guys i have been out of the jeep scene for awhile but just purchased my fiancée a new 2012 jeep sahara and am contemplating lifting it like i had my old 2007 jk on a 6 1/2 bds long arm kit do you guys have any recommendations on other kits or size lift we should go with thank you in advance
Old 07-11-2012, 07:26 AM
JK Newbie

Unless you are running >37" tires you don't really need the 6 1/2" lift. Unless you are looking for more "show".

Edit - I'm unfamiliar with the 2012 and any suspension differences compared to earlier models.
Old 07-11-2012, 07:39 AM
JK Super Freak

Personally, I don't see any value in jacking your jeep up that high. Unless you intend to mud bog it....
Depending on your intended use of vehicle it would make a lot more sense to stay between 2.5-3.5" lift height. Your pocket book will appreciate it, as will anyone riding in your jeep when you don't tip over on an obstacle.
Old 07-11-2012, 08:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

You can run 37's with 3 1/2 rock Kramer lift and some fender trimming. Why are you thinking 6 1/2 inches??
Old 07-11-2012, 08:46 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can fit 37's with a TeraFlex 4" or even a 3" if you wanted. Now with our 6" you can run 40's.

4" LA kit with 37's

6" with 38's

6" and 40's
Old 07-11-2012, 09:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by closb841
hey guys i have been out of the jeep scene for awhile but just purchased my fiancée a new 2012 jeep sahara and am contemplating lifting it like i had my old 2007 jk on a 6 1/2 bds long arm kit do you guys have any recommendations on other kits or size lift we should go with thank you in advance
What does your fiancée want? If she does not want it lifted it will be your jeep and you'll be buying something else for her.
I know my girlfriend would just leave it stock, and maybe do a bit of the mall crawler mods to it so she could say that it's hers!
But if she wants it lifted, start with what size tires you want to run, then flat fenders or stock, then from there decide on what lift you want. As well what kinda budget are you lookin at? You installing it yourself or a shop?
Old 07-11-2012, 02:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
You can fit 37's with a TeraFlex 4" or even a 3" if you wanted. Now with our 6" you can run 40's.

4" LA kit with 37's

6" with 38's

6" and 40's
X2..I recently was able to see Terraflex products for the first time in years. Even have replaced my upper control arms with their uppers. It actually looks stronger then anything I have seen. I don't think sticking with quality from either Terra or RK in whatever lift you choose would be a mistake.

If she is going to be driving it. Might want to stick with 35's, unless she is one of those few super cool woman that love BIG jeeps....
Old 07-20-2012, 05:29 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by pirate
What does your fiancée want? If she does not want it lifted it will be your jeep and you'll be buying something else for her.
I know my girlfriend would just leave it stock, and maybe do a bit of the mall crawler mods to it so she could say that it's hers!
But if she wants it lifted, start with what size tires you want to run, then flat fenders or stock, then from there decide on what lift you want. As well what kinda budget are you lookin at? You installing it yourself or a shop?
honestly when i got rid of my jk she hated me for it i had a 6 1/2" bds long arm kit with 37's she loved it. that is one of the main reasons i bought her this jeep since she hasn't forgiven me for getting rid of it in the first place i really didn't want to get rid of it either but my mom slipped and fell out of the truck and almost broke her hip mom is more important then the jeep i can always replace the jeep like i did you only get one mom. honestly i don't want to go as high as before but theres not that much price difference in the lift kit between 4 and 6 1/2. and my body is a jeep mechanic and we did most of the work on my last jeep so we might just do it ourselves
Old 07-20-2012, 05:30 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 11REDJK
X2..I recently was able to see Terraflex products for the first time in years. Even have replaced my upper control arms with their uppers. It actually looks stronger then anything I have seen. I don't think sticking with quality from either Terra or RK in whatever lift you choose would be a mistake.

If she is going to be driving it. Might want to stick with 35's, unless she is one of those few super cool woman that love BIG jeeps....
ya she definitely loves the big jeeps she just hates the price she pays for when she has to fill it up every week lol
Old 07-20-2012, 05:41 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by TeraFlex

4" LA kit with 37's

6" with 38's

6" and 40's
what do you charge for the 4" lift for the jk

Quick Reply: new 2012 jk sahara 4" lift or 6 1/2 lift long arm