Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Never used a programmer, soooooo.......

Old 07-13-2014, 01:25 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Let us know what you think of that setup.

For me, the numbers just don't add up. $1600 for the headers, $2200 with the trinity, and if I heard him right in the video, the gain was 10HP down in the rpm range most of us would be in. I didn't catch the TQ gain, was it 15-20? For $300 more, you could take a chance on a sprintex. (But I think I would just save more for the ripp sc over the sprintex)
Old 07-13-2014, 02:29 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nthinuf
Let us know what you think of that setup. For me, the numbers just don't add up. $1600 for the headers, $2200 with the trinity, and if I heard him right in the video, the gain was 10HP down in the rpm range most of us would be in. I didn't catch the TQ gain, was it 15-20? For $300 more, you could take a chance on a sprintex. (But I think I would just save more for the ripp sc over the sprintex)
$5300.00 for the RIPP. That's a divorce price!...lol

Sent from the swamp while taggin' a gator!
Old 07-13-2014, 03:22 PM
JK Freak

What is the word on installing a SC? Will it kill my engine sooner than it should? I am firm on maintenance on my vehicles, so just asking about the SC making me buy a new Jeep earlier than I should......

Old 07-13-2014, 03:31 PM
JK Junkie
FJOTM Winner

Received 206 Likes on 186 Posts

Originally Posted by CajunTiger
I think I'm gonna go with a trinity & RIPP headers and see what that does. That's about all I can do besides puttin' a 5.7 Hemi in it and I don't wanna spend that much.

There's a used Trinity T1000 on my shelf, it's $578 on Amazon and I''l sell it for half that if you're interested.

Old 07-13-2014, 03:39 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Mr.T
There's a used Trinity T1000 on my shelf, it's $578 on Amazon and I''l sell it for half that if you're interested.
If you got it when I'm ready to buy I'll get with ya bro! Thanks!

Old 07-14-2014, 09:44 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by CajunTiger
What is the word on installing a SC? Will it kill my engine sooner than it should? I am firm on maintenance on my vehicles, so just asking about the SC making me buy a new Jeep earlier than I should...... Sent from the swamp while taggin' a gator!
Can anybody chime in on this?

Old 07-14-2014, 10:29 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

I would imagine that a supercharger would accelerate the wear, but from reading through a few of the long s/c threads, Ripp keeps the boost relatively low specifically so it isn't a problem. There are plenty of threads on the various superchargers to read through for more info. Or just send a PM to Ripp.

Quick Reply: Never used a programmer, soooooo.......