Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Nemesis Flares from REBEL OFFROAD

Old 11-20-2015, 08:54 AM
JK Freak

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by SoK66
Mine are at the local powder coater, supposed to be able to pick them up this AM. Prepped the Jeep yesterday, pulled off the Bushwackers, cleaned everything up and taped off the body lines. This was a total impulse buy for my birthday. Told my inner adult to go pound salt, we're getting the Nemesis flares! The install is basically identical to PSC flares, uses the same style brackets in front and attachment scheme in rear. One issue I'll have to deal with, I have already installed 1/4" x 20 nutserts for the previous rear flares. Nemesis uses 5/16" x 18. Hoping 1/4" bolts will have adequate purchase to hold the flares securely. Not looking forward to drilling out 16 nutserts. Will post pics when I get them installed.
And VOILA! Fronts are the Odysseys, which I thought would work best due to our local winters. I ended up just re-using the existing 1/4" x 20 nutserts in the rear rather than risk drilling them out & replacing with the supplied 5/16" x 18s in the kit. Seem to be very solid. The fit & overall quality of these flares is outstanding.

Last edited by SoK66; 11-24-2015 at 01:29 PM.
Old 11-20-2015, 11:17 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very nice! Love the yellow
Old 11-20-2015, 11:30 AM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mds22
Very nice! Love the yellow
X2 on the yellow but I'm biased!
Old 11-20-2015, 02:31 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[/QUOTE]

Awesome rig! I don't think there's a better looking tire than the mud grapplers.
Old 11-20-2015, 02:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bfdfreddie
Here is mine if the color contrast helps see it.
Are those in the raw or powdercoated silver?
Old 11-24-2015, 01:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SoK66
Mine are at the local powder coater, supposed to be able to pick them up this AM. Prepped the Jeep yesterday, pulled off the Bushwackers, cleaned everything up and taped off the body lines. This was a total impulse buy for my birthday. Told my inner adult to go pound salt, we're getting the Nemesis flares!

The install is basically identical to PSC flares, uses the same style brackets in front and attachment scheme in rear.

One issue I'll have to deal with, I have already installed 1/4" x 20 nutserts for the previous rear flares. Nemesis uses 5/16" x 18. Hoping 1/4" bolts will have adequate purchase to hold the flares securely. Not looking forward to drilling out 16 nutserts. Will post pics when I get them installed.
I would not drill out just get new bolts in 1/4" The hardest thing for me was picking out color. Either the body color or black or do something different. Did something different went with silver and clear coat. I do not think I will ever be satisfied with one color so you may see a different color after banging the Billy rockers up.
Old 11-25-2015, 05:12 AM
JK Freak

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by bfdfreddie
I would not drill out just get new bolts in 1/4" The hardest thing for me was picking out color. Either the body color or black or do something different. Did something different went with silver and clear coat. I do not think I will ever be satisfied with one color so you may see a different color after banging the Billy rockers up.
Yes, that's what I did. I felt the chance of drilling out 16 rivnuts without issues was too remote. The upper center two on each side are the supplied 5/16" x 18, then I used some stainless 1/4" x 20s flat heads for the countersunk holes, and stainles buttonheads with washers in the same size for the front lower three on each side. No issues mounting them up, piece 'o cake.

Quick Reply: Nemesis Flares from REBEL OFFROAD