Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

needing options to rebuild Rubicon Express long arms

Old 02-17-2011, 07:12 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default needing options to rebuild Rubicon Express long arms

Now that RE has closed for "reorganization" my bushings are blown. 4.5" long arm radius design. Needing options to rebuild the ends since I can not buy RE bushings.

needing upper, lower, and connecting bushing for the upper arm to lower arm
Old 02-17-2011, 07:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry R/E Lift

Well that's just great. I'm in the same boat as far as the same lift. My bushings are fine for now but am curious as to the options going forward if they don't open back up. I wa going to buy a set for the shelf just in case but never got around to it.
Old 02-17-2011, 07:41 PM
JK Freak

you could just change the ends out with something like this and it is rebuildable

Last edited by backroadman81; 02-17-2011 at 07:43 PM. Reason: added other piece
Old 02-17-2011, 07:54 PM
JK Freak

backroadman, I am looking at that and I think would be great to have on there. But my concern with running hard joints on both ends would be that the radius arm design needs some flex or give, to it. so somewhere I think I need a bushing but how do you replace an RE specific bushing if I can't get it?

appreciate the reply, I will def consider that though if I can come up with some other ideas, maybe some kind of mix and match of the hard joint and some type of bushing
Old 02-17-2011, 07:57 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Cat Dr.
Well that's just great. I'm in the same boat as far as the same lift. My bushings are fine for now but am curious as to the options going forward if they don't open back up. I wa going to buy a set for the shelf just in case but never got around to it.
yea it sucks. Hopefully they will re open, but for mine, I don't know how long I can hold out running these bushings. My understanding is the bushings were on backorder and now you can't even get them. I even looked at some sponsors websites and EVERYTHING RE has been removed
Old 02-17-2011, 08:03 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You can get the bushings from most local shops that carry any inventory. The rebuild kits are just the nylon races and a new ball, or the two-piece rubber bushings Also, these are the same lift the Chrysler sells. RE is their approved OEM. Did you call your local dealer and ask for them? My local dealer stocks the rebuild parts here in California.

I know that RE provides all the "factory" lifts out here on the West Coast, but I'm not sure they do it across the US.

Last edited by BKGM Jeepers; 02-17-2011 at 08:05 PM. Reason: added rubber bushing info.
Old 02-17-2011, 08:07 PM
JK Freak

Have you contacted them and ask about replacement bushing I am pretty sure you can buy them
Old 02-17-2011, 08:11 PM
JK Jedi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good luck on the rubber bushings, but I believe Currie Enterprises is the maker of the flex joint RE uses. You may want to contact them.
Old 02-17-2011, 08:15 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by BKGM Jeepers
You can get the bushings from most local shops that carry any inventory. The rebuild kits are just the nylon races and a new ball, or the two-piece rubber bushings Also, these are the same lift the Chrysler sells. RE is their approved OEM. Did you call your local dealer and ask for them? My local dealer stocks the rebuild parts here in California.

I know that RE provides all the "factory" lifts out here on the West Coast, but I'm not sure they do it across the US.
Actually no I did not call the dealer, and did not even think of that. Thank you! Yes I did know that RE is the lift for MOPAR but just didn't dawn on me to call them.

The hard joint to rebuild is not what I am concerned about. It is the rubber bushing itself. While I am not trusting what you say, I do find it hard to believe that the dealers would stock the parts. Why I question that is because of the supposed backorder for the bushings that so many people have been trying to get.

Don't get me wrong, they very well may have them and I might be completely wrong, but I am leaning towards they have parts for the 3.5" lifts. The bushing issue seems to be specific to the the 4.5" long arm kit. I will def call my dealer and go from there, may even call some Cali dealers and see what they have. Thanks again man for your help
Old 02-17-2011, 08:23 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by backroadman81
Have you contacted them and ask about replacement bushing I am pretty sure you can buy them
that's the problem, since they are closed for "reorganization" there is NO ordering from them. Even if you call RE, you get a message about how they are closed and that's it. So even the companies who sold RE parts are not selling now.
Originally Posted by bondsy
Good luck on the rubber bushings, but I believe Currie Enterprises is the maker of the flex joint RE uses. You may want to contact them.
I did find a johhny joint kit from Currie that I could replace the front upper I think, but the problem there is price, by the time I pay for 2 of those and rebuild the other bushings, that is the cost of buying new control arms.

And it very well may come down to having to replace the control arms completely.

Quick Reply: needing options to rebuild Rubicon Express long arms