Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

needed with TF 2.5 coil lift??????

Old 03-01-2009, 08:12 PM
MD5
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GL08JK
I am running the 2.5" Coil lift with stock 17's and have no problem at all with rubbing. In the spring/summer when I put back on my 35's I get a little rubbing when flexed out, but not that bad.
Thanks for the information!
Old 03-02-2009, 05:18 AM
JK Newbie

Hi Guys...
just a little information...

With the TF 2.5" kit , OE wheels and tire dimension ...I need wheel spacers or not?

Thanx!!!
Old 03-02-2009, 07:08 AM
JK Freak

TF recommends that if you are using the stock 6" backspace wheels that you use 1.5" spacers. Some people say it is to clear the rear swaybar links and others say that since it flexes more than stock they are needed to prevent rubbing at full flex. Either way when I install mine this Friday I will be using them.

As a side benefit they push the stock wheels and tires out to the edge of the fenders and that looks better in my opinion.
Old 03-02-2009, 07:56 AM
JK Freak

I have the same kit and installed the front adj. trackbar due to my front axle being off about an 1" and was getting a slight vibration at 55 mph. Once I installed the track bar, no more vibration and the front wheels are now centered.
Old 03-02-2009, 08:00 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Fraz
Hi Guys...
just a little information...

With the TF 2.5" kit , OE wheels and tire dimension ...I need wheel spacers or not?

Thanx!!!
You can run the kit WITHOUT spacers but the tire will hit the upper bolt on the swayabr links at full flex and possably cut the tire sidewall.

Quick Reply: needed with TF 2.5 coil lift??????