Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Need your help with lift measurement

Old 09-20-2014, 06:50 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

Just take your jeep and jack up the rear to your liking and see how much lift you need for that. Buy that sized spacer and install it. No reason to get everybody out taking photos and measurements that are vary from jeep to jeep and lift to lift. You did not mention a specific lift, wether is was a coil or spacer lift, or what height of lift. There are only about a million different combonations that could be derived from what you asked. We don't even know if you currently have a lift or are stock.
Old 09-20-2014, 08:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, my goal with this subject, was to create a tool to help people decide what they need to obtain a certain look.

Because it is a well known fact that 90% of the people lifting and building their jeeps is solely for looks....

It would have been nice, to see pictures of jeeps from the side to show the rake, and have the owners of those jeeps give the rake numbers to give an idea of the difference of the front lift compared to the rear, for people to use the right size spacers to obtain the same rake.

I see nothing wrong with asking fellow jeep owners to take a side pic of their jeep and measure the distance from ground to fenders front and rear to help other jeep owners build their jeeps to their liking and imitate the rake of the jeep in the picture.

I have gone out to measure bumper to spare space cause someone wanted to know if a certain size spare would fit. Or even dove under my jeep to measure the front dana 44 clearance with the size tire I run!!!!!

I've been in the jeep world since 1986, left in 2007 and came back last year. So excuse me for being foolish enough to have thought that the jeep brotherhood was left intact and remained while I was exploring the Land Rover and Volvo world.

Last edited by Da10A; 09-20-2014 at 08:25 AM.
Old 09-20-2014, 08:23 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

There are several of these threads already on this forum and several others. You are not adding anything new and a simple search would give you endless photos of lifted jeeps. There are just too many variable to what you want to be of any real use to people.
Old 09-20-2014, 08:34 AM
Ncb
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Da10A
Well, my goal with this subject, was to create a tool to help people decide what they need to obtain a certain look. Because it is a well known fact that 90% of the people lifting and building their jeeps is solely for looks.... It would have been nice, to see pictures of jeeps from the side to show the rake, and have the owners of those jeeps give the rake numbers to give an idea of the difference of the front lift compared to the rear, for people to use the right size spacers to obtain the same rake. I see nothing wrong with asking fellow jeep owners to take a side pic of their jeep and measure the distance from ground to fenders front and rear to help other jeep owners build their jeeps to their liking and imitate the rake of the jeep in the picture. I have gone out to measure bumper to spare space cause someone wanted to know if a certain size spare would fit. Or even dove under my jeep to measure the front dana 44 clearance with the size tire I run!!!!! I've been in the jeep world since 1986, left in 2007 and came back last year. So excuse me for being foolish enough to have thought that the jeep brotherhood was left intact and remained while I was exploring the Land Rover and Volvo world.
No need to get all worked up. IMO there's far too many variables for what you're looking for in a thread.
Old 09-20-2014, 08:35 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Since you are getting mad because nobody will play will you here is mine. Hope its helps all those posers out there.
Front bumper top is 34" rear bumper top is 32.5" front fender is 48" to the top. No rear fenders to measure.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1133.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	576376Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1717.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	576377

Of course this all changes when I throw in the spare tire and all my gear for the trip down to the mall. IMO poeple that get all worked up on the rake and how level their jeeps are need to quit sitting there looking at their jeep and go drive it. Concerns over rake is one of the dumbest subjects I have seen on the forums, along with painting the air vents, 50" led light bars, and swapping for rubi coils.

Last edited by TheDirtman; 09-20-2014 at 08:42 AM.
Old 09-20-2014, 08:41 AM
Ncb
JK Super Freak

Dirtman, nice rig!
Old 09-20-2014, 08:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Not worked-up, nor mad, just disapointed. I have used the search engine quite intensively, but there seems to be a trend, where even in the show and tell forum get out of control and hyjacked and you end up with a thread where there should be pictures and out of 25 pages, you have half a dozen pics and the rest is useless.

Or you search and the result is in the infamous "what have you done to your JK this week" so the answer to your search, is somewhere in 5000 pages..... Good luck.

There should be a rule where after 5 pages, the thread is automatically closed, and the OP has to start another with the same title followed by update1, then update2, etc..... Would make searching much easier.
Old 09-20-2014, 09:23 AM
Ncb
JK Super Freak

Setting the stance you want isn't easy because of all the variables and weight addition of future parts.

I like having a bit of rake. The whole perfectly level thing is silly to me. I don't want a reverse rake when I have gear and/or the hard top on for winter. My JK ended up with the front end one inch lower and that's perfect for me.
Old 09-20-2014, 09:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks, you have a good point about having the jeep perfectly levelled, and then adding passengers and gear and end-up with rearward rake. Especially if using a trailer.
Old 09-20-2014, 10:10 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

You are right about the search function and all the 5000 threads it comes up with as well as threads spiraling out of control but that is what we have to work with. Now we have 5001 threads that will pop up.
Maybe we should have a tread that helps people enter key words correctly so the search function is more useable. When I used the words "rake picture bumper" I came up with 31 threads.

Last edited by TheDirtman; 09-20-2014 at 10:16 AM.

Quick Reply: Need your help with lift measurement