Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Need you opions on MPG for....

Old 04-06-2011, 06:49 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need you opions on MPG for....

I have a 4door Jk with 3inch lift 325/65/18 tires and a XHD front bumper with a 8500 Winch.

What would my MPG be if I got it regeared with 5.13's.

Thank you in advice, I am really looking forward to ur opinions/experience.
Old 04-06-2011, 07:16 AM
JK Newbie

There are to many variables to give u accurate numbers. I have read a ton of threads on this, but in the end you either want a bad ass jeep with ok mileage or a stocker with good mileage. I have a friend running close to your setup. He gets from 13 to 17. Depending on the situation.
Old 04-06-2011, 07:20 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think you will get MPG examples from people saying 12 to 20MPG. The regear is still a good idea regardless.

I do not think anyone can give you reliable MPG figures for your rig, since so much depends on how you accelerate, terrain, wind, weight, speed. Do you do stop and go, use long coast to stops or harder braking? If your talking highway, what speeds do you like to cruise?

There must be 100 or more MPG threads.

Such as the one here.
Old 04-06-2011, 07:20 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ditchdigger
There are to many variables to give u accurate numbers. I have read a ton of threads on this, but in the end you either want a bad ass jeep with ok mileage or a stocker with good mileage. I have a friend running close to your setup. He gets from 13 to 17. Depending on the situation.
Yeah I am just looking for ball park numbers. But I would have to say that from what I have been reading regearing equals bad ass jeep+good miles cause it actually doesn't struggle as much. Also yhanks for the estimates

Keep them coming....

Quick Reply: Need you opions on MPG for....