Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Need work done, where to go??

Old 12-13-2011, 10:33 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need work done, where to go??

I just bought my first jeep not too long ago and couldn't be happier with it I'm ready to lift it finally, but don't have the mechanical smarts to start modding on my own. For the time being my JK is a DD and I'm not looking to get too deep into mods....small lift, 33's. I live in SoCal, OC area, and was wondering if anybody could point me in the right direction to a shop that they have had experience with and they'd return to. Cheers!
Old 12-13-2011, 10:40 AM
JK Jedi

OFFROAD EVOLUTIONS is in Cali. When I'm ready for my lift, I'm driving out there so they can do it. To important a step to have some small shop mess up something, imo.
Old 12-13-2011, 10:42 AM
JK Jedi

PS. Seen it was your first post. Welcome to the forum Tons of great stuff in here. Have fun with your new addiction, I KNOW I AM. Best addiction since..... well we wont get into that here keep wavin
Old 12-13-2011, 10:43 AM
JK Newbie

Agreed! I'll probably end up out there, just wanted to ask around and see whats out there.
Old 12-13-2011, 10:48 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the welcome! Its been a fun year, been out on the trail with it quite a bit. Even though it's still stock, I'm amazed what it can get through! Incredible machines
Old 12-14-2011, 09:35 AM
JK Jedi

Thats awesome. Got my rubi jku right as the snow started falling. Been wheeling only twice and not too much at that. Cant wait to get it out this spring/summer and do some real wheeling. Amazing machine and going to be even better when i get the funds all together for my lift and gears and whosawhata. If im out that way maybe youll well have to whell together and vise versa. have a great one and good luck.
Old 12-14-2011, 09:45 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Off Road Evolution is in Fullerton. Never been there but their great reputation precedes them. I will probably schedule with them to have my gears installed next year.

AEV has a shop in Orange County. I forget where exactly, but I believe it's near Laguna or Newport Beach.

4 Wheel Parts does lift installs. The ones I know about are in Redondo Beach & Compton (but not sure the Compton store does installs).

There are also a wide variety of 4x4 shops in the SoCal area that are probably very good, but don't have as large a reputation as others.

Finally, there are a lot of great members on this forum who are willing to help out others with garages, tools, and know-how... often for good company and a case of beer! They're often referred to as a "lift party" and include a bunch of people drinking beer, installing a lift, and having a fun time.
Old 12-14-2011, 10:06 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by BigRedJK
Finally, there are a lot of great members on this forum who are willing to help out others with garages, tools, and know-how... often for good company and a case of beer! They're often referred to as a "lift party" and include a bunch of people drinking beer, installing a lift, and having a fun time.
x2 Unless you have a ton of money burning a hole in your pocket and absolutely no desire to get your hands dirty, follow up on this one! Go down to the Staging Area, find the sub-section for SoCal and drop a post. Ya know, introduce yourself, offer beer/soda and pizza, and see if anyone close to you is willing to lend a hand.

Quick Reply: Need work done, where to go??