Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Need u-joint help

Old 04-23-2014, 03:08 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need u-joint help

Up graded my axle shafts on my 07 4door Rubi to chromoly shafts not long after I bought it in 07. Fast forward 7 years and the passenger side u joint goes south. Picked up a stock joint with zerk at Advanced for $14. Sweet! Well, after pounding in my caps, the joint is way too small. How do I know what size joint I need since I don't remember the maker of my axle shafts, way too long ago? Is there a discernible part number on the joint? As you can see in the pic, the old one has no bearings left in it and one cap was seized so I had to cut it in half to get it out.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-69774942.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	106.6 KB
ID:	547940  
Old 04-23-2014, 03:13 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You should be able to measure across the cross and the caps then call Spicer, etc. with those specs and figure out what pn will fit.

Our auto parts store here don't have the patience to do the hard work for you.

Quick Reply: Need u-joint help