Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Need tire help Asap (Falken Wild Peak vs Hankook DynaPro AT)

Old 06-11-2012, 08:40 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need tire help Asap (Falken Wild Peak vs Hankook DynaPro AT)

So I'm buying a new set of tires this Friday for my 2009 JKU Sahara. Only tricky thing is that I have to buy a second set of tires for my wife's Volvo SUV at the exact same time so it's limiting my budget a little. Do to my budget I'm in between Falken Wild Peak and Hankook Dynapro AT's both 315/70/17. I can get both tires for the same price. I just want someone to really give me an idea which tire to go with. Which is the overall better tire. I want a tire with a good look that gets good mileage. I'm mainly a road warrior with some off road activity. Every time I call a shop to oder a set of either of these tires a guy on the phone tells me why he wouldn't buy them and then trys to push me towards a completely different tire. What tire do you think I should get. I need to order them so they can be installed. Oh buy the way I can get the tires for $242 each. If there's another tire for around that money that would be better let me know.
Old 06-11-2012, 08:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have the falken and I am extremely happy with them. They balance out fine and amazing road manners. Stay away from sticky mud cuz they get stuck quick in that. I've never had the dynapro but when looking at them the sidewalls were very flexible/thin. Just my thoughts
Old 06-11-2012, 09:15 AM
JK Newbie

Default Tire help

I am very happy with my Wild Peaks. Great on road manners and they work great aired down on trails and rocks.
My.02.
Old 06-11-2012, 02:14 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm running the Hankooks... decent tire, grips well, the only draw back is they don't clear rocks for sh*t. I end up spending my sunday nights picking rocks out of the tread. don't know about the Falkens, wish I would have gone with those though.
Old 06-11-2012, 02:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have the Dynapro MTs. balancing issues. not sure if the ATs would be similar but as they are made in china.. probably. if i could do it over again, would have gone with nitto trail grapplers. so in your case, falken would be my choice. they have great reviews
Old 06-11-2012, 04:36 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

look at the fierce attitude mt same price range very aggressive looking tire and not noisy . these would be better than the other two choices cus they made in usa
Old 06-11-2012, 04:44 PM
JK Newbie

Get the Falkens. 50,000 miles warrenty. I have them in 37" and I love them.
Old 06-11-2012, 05:00 PM
JK Freak

I have the hankook MT and the AT for winter. MT's I had one balancing issue but was fixed no problems since. The AT's have been great no problems with them at all great road tire especially in snow and water for sure even had them in a little mud had the all terrians for 2 years still plenty of tread left. I am even going to put a set on the dodge journey for my wife, love the tires.
Old 06-11-2012, 05:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the Falkens and they have been awesome thus far. Excellent on the street, quiet, and good in every type of terrain I have thrown at them. The aforementioned 50,000 mile treadwear warranty doesn't hurt either... haha
Old 06-11-2012, 05:42 PM
JK Newbie

I just put the Falken Rocky Mountains on mine, which are identical to the Wild Peak but are made for Discount Tire by
Falken (probably so they can promote them lower without pissing off the other companies selling their tires), and Discount tends to sell those a bit cheaper than the Wild Peaks. The Rocky Mtns were about $15 -20 cheaper a tire when I got mine.

So far I love them, quieter than my stock Bridgestones, rides so much better, my wife even commented that it rode better and she hates how my jk rides. Minor decline in MPG, but that's probably because my old stock tires that came on it when I bought it were dry and hard as rocks, thinking there was less rolling resistance.

Last edited by JK Paco; 06-11-2012 at 05:47 PM.

Quick Reply: Need tire help Asap (Falken Wild Peak vs Hankook DynaPro AT)