Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Need Tire Help!

Old 12-27-2010, 12:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by robo_tn
Ok so I do alot of four wheelin in the south so there is a good amount of mud. It is my DD so what tire do you all suggest?
Given its a DD go with the KM2s. They'll give a good balance of performance for what you want. I'd look at the GY Wrangler MTR as a close second. Another option is Interco's Truxus MT, though they've had some QC issues in the past year or two according to posts here and elsewhere.
Old 12-27-2010, 02:18 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Toyos run short also and are uber heavy.

What I have seen for offroad performance, I would also say BFG KM2.
Old 12-27-2010, 10:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

I don't know if you are exploring other options but I run 37" ProComp Xtreme MT's on my DD. I run ~80 miles a day and my tires run smooth (no weights, just dynabeads) and are very quiet. I actually do play in the mud quite a bit and they are every bit as good as my older BFG MT's were. I would say they are on par with the Swampers I had on my TJ but it's a tough comparision. These definitly behave better all around than my Swampers did. Just for reference, mine installed and sitting at 24psi are a hair over 36" tall. My buddies KM2's are very close to 35" tall and he runs ~30psi. I hope this helps some and good luck with whatever you get.
Old 12-27-2010, 12:06 PM
JK Newbie

all good points, if you go with the KM2 (which i have and love) be sure to get the additional warranty that protects against any damage. My friend sliced the side wall and no questions asked, they gave him a new one, I think it adds about 40.00 a tire,but worth it...
Old 12-27-2010, 04:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

what do you all think about the 37x12.50r17 ProComp Xtreme MT's?

Quick Reply: Need Tire Help!