Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Need Tech advice on a Teraflex 1.5 Performance spring level kit.

Old 12-17-2013, 11:38 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Tech advice on a Teraflex 1.5 Performance spring level kit.

Hi all,
This is my first post on this board, I have a 2013 Sahara Unlimited that I want to lift with a Teraflex 1.5 Performance spring kit and I have a couple of questions for the guys that are running this kit. I have read all the post regarding this lift but there is no mention of issues maintaing proper castor and pinion angle, So that is my first question, does this kit maintain the factory geometry, if not what is the best way to achieve this, will the AEV brackets work or would it be better to go to an adjustable UCA. This is my DD and I do get it in the dirt quite a bit, mostly on bumpy fire roads and the snow, no rock crawling so I do not need a massive lift or tires just want her level with good road manners.
Old 12-17-2013, 12:12 PM
JK Newbie

My numbers were close to stock
Old 12-17-2013, 12:21 PM
JK Freak

You don't need to worry about castor until 2.5" or higher. Anything under that you won't even notice.
Old 12-17-2013, 12:24 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not an issue with this kit. You do not need adjustable control arms or trackbars with this kit. Just install it and go!
Old 12-17-2013, 12:30 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the quick feedback guys!!
Old 12-17-2013, 05:06 PM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

I installed this kit and then put my 13 jku on the alignment rack and it was all within spec. I can tell you save some time and install an inch spacer in the back as it will be squatting otherwise. Every body I know has had the same issue. TF knows it is an issue and will give you a set of spacers after it sags. They should include them first. Mine sagged in less then a month. I liked the kit but decided to go another route on my 14 jkur because I did not want to deal with the sagging. I will say it handled great on and off road.
Old 12-18-2013, 04:34 PM
JK Newbie

Jadmt,

Thanks for the info regarding the spacer, sounds like good advice. Are you sporting a diff bumper with a winch or do you just have the stock bumper.
Old 12-18-2013, 05:24 PM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by Socalrider
Jadmt,

Thanks for the info regarding the spacer, sounds like good advice. Are you sporting a diff bumper with a winch or do you just have the stock bumper.
That was with stock bumper and no winch. I just put the same kit on my buddies 2014 jku and he has a winch on stock bumper and it is sagging front and rear now. He is a little disappointed in the lift.

I don't have a better side view, his is the silver mine is the white. same equip except mine has 2" AEV lift and side by side in person does sit higher and is level.

Quick Reply: Need Tech advice on a Teraflex 1.5 Performance spring level kit.