Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

need suspension input; rock crawling

Old 08-31-2012, 09:09 PM
Former Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default need suspension input; rock crawling

My only real concern is my break over angle and dragging belly a bit on my 4 door.

Here's my setup
Terra flex front and rear upper and lower arms
2.5" springs
Fox 2.0 shocks for a 4-6" lift
37" tires
Cut fenders
Only rub a smidge at extreme situations

I have 5" up travel the rest is down, no real rub and flexes really well.

I have been thinking of going to 4" springs to bring the belly up another 1.5" I won't really gain and flex benefit but will gain a bit of clearance and a higher center of gravity.

So my question is am I better dragging the belly a bit and keeping it low with good up travel or is raising it up a bit not going to effect it aside of break over or clearance?

I have the springs available and trying to decide of its worth the coin to get em or just run it this way aside of some rock hits periodically it works well. (It would work the same lifted more just be a bit more tippy)

Thanks in advance and I did search lcog set ups but they didn't seem to have all the stuff done just people wanting bigger tires with no money to put out for lift was a majority of them.

Last edited by BRUT4CE; 08-31-2012 at 09:43 PM.

Quick Reply: need suspension input; rock crawling