Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Need steering stabilizer recommend

Old 05-16-2008, 10:35 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I was at the dealer complaining of the death wobble a mechanic was standing at the service desk and said " your stock stabilizer is garbage, just yank it off "......Tell me something I didn't already know !! I'm leaning towards Superlift or Fox myself....
Old 05-16-2008, 11:14 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm removing my Supercrap SS this weekend and replacing it with a Woods bracket and a Fox SS. That piece of crap first hit the trackbar so I shifted it and it started smacking the drag link. I bet if anyone else really looks (I painted mine red and it's really easy to see where it rubs) you're gonna find some contact down there.
Old 05-16-2008, 11:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HOMEGLASS
Hi,

did the research on the forum. Best thread seemed to "morph" into a discussion on importance of relocating it, so I'm not clear on who has what and what they like about it. Your recommendations would be appreciated. I have a r/e 4.5" long-arm kit installed.

I have the same lift and am running a fox stabilizer along with a relocation bracket. I'm having issues with the fit, it contacts both the draglink and the trackbar when articulating. I'm still trying to come up with a solution for the situation.
Old 05-16-2008, 12:42 PM
JK Freak

I just ordered the skyjacker ss. Is it junk?
Old 05-16-2008, 01:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No. I like it a lot. I don't think it will fit without the relocation kit. You may see some rubbing.
Old 05-18-2008, 09:59 AM
JK Newbie

I am putting the Superlift stabilizer on as we speak, put have run into a snag. The instructions call for drilling a hole using a 17/32 drill bit. I can't one anywhere. Help.
Old 05-18-2008, 01:07 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by redneck ron
I am putting the Superlift stabilizer on as we speak, put have run into a snag. The instructions call for drilling a hole using a 17/32 drill bit. I can't one anywhere. Help.
use a 1/2" and roll it around a little....you ARE a redneck, right? LOL
Old 05-19-2008, 12:15 AM
JK Super Freak

Good inquiry post, I hate the stock stabilizer shock itself, worthless just like the 06 Rubi OEM stabilizer shock, one of the cheaper mods I did on the 06 Rubi and with the custom H1 rims/tires I had it really smoothed out the handling of those stupid heavy rims. On my 07 Rubi I have been considering the Fox stabilizers I've seen some install and like the relocation brackets, not sure if the fox systems have any bracket hitting anything issues like some of you though.
Old 05-19-2008, 12:19 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by bly109
yep, he has the woods kit, I have the same one. its a very nice bracket
I think it's a nice setup from what I've read about you guys with this system, Fox is what I am considering, you don't have any issues with anything rubbing whatever when flexing?

Something about the Fox, I don't know, it has kind of a hydraulic ram steering look about it, I like a balance on my mods, both functional and looks.
Old 05-19-2008, 06:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

So where would you all recommend that I order these parts from. I have had my fill of 4wd.

Quick Reply: Need steering stabilizer recommend