Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Need steering stabilizer recommend

Old 05-14-2008, 03:17 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need steering stabilizer recommend

Hi,

did the research on the forum. Best thread seemed to "morph" into a discussion on importance of relocating it, so I'm not clear on who has what and what they like about it. Your recommendations would be appreciated. I have a r/e 4.5" long-arm kit installed.
Old 05-14-2008, 03:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the superlift and it works for my setup.
Old 05-14-2008, 03:57 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ChewyGranola
I have the superlift and it works for my setup.
x2.

Works great and it relocates it higher to help prevent damage.
Old 05-14-2008, 04:07 PM
JK Super Freak

i got it works great easy install keeps the stabilizer out or harms way
Old 05-14-2008, 05:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

superlift all the way... got mine for around $60 including all hardware and new brackets. a buddy bought one for rancho and spent over $90. it definately made a noticable change in the way my baby handles
Old 05-14-2008, 06:14 PM
JK Freak

I might be the only one to NOT reccomend the Superlift one but here it goes:

I would keep the stock and get woods kit....

I did get the superlift one but in my opinion its a pos.................its well built, yes...but way to bulkly and was making contact with my track bar.....i flipped the bracket and it appeared that it was going to make contact with my tie rod ........so out it went and on with the stock and woods kit.

BTW - I dont know ANY difference between the stock or the super lift one.

I am acutally going to try the Rough Country OEM replacement here in a week or so .... it appears smaller but we will see.

Best,
DErek
Old 05-14-2008, 06:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the Woods kit and a Teraflex stabilizer. Works GREAT and is up and out of harms way.
Old 05-14-2008, 06:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by derekls

I did get the superlift one but in my opinion its a pos.................its well built, yes...but way to bulkly and was making contact with my track bar.....i flipped the bracket and it appeared that it was going to make contact with my tie rod ........so out it went and on with the stock and woods kit.

I am acutally going to try the Rough Country OEM replacement here in a week or so .... it appears smaller but we will see.

Best,
DErek
I have to agree. I flipped mine because it was hitting the track bar bolt, but now the can hits the FT trackbar when flexed. The bracketry can be bent easily with a crescent wrench, so that makes me wonder. I gotta say, get the Woods kit and a OEM type replacement. I probably will soon....
Old 05-14-2008, 06:57 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by derekls

Best,
DErek
I've got the Rough Country OEM replacement...it's only a little bit larger in diameter than the stock one so it will bolt right up in place of the stock one and not interfere with anything (that's what I did). And I did notice a slight difference when off road on a trail with lots of little bumps/rocks...the steering wheel doesn't move around as much as before.
Old 05-14-2008, 07:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My 2 door x has a completely bone stock suspension. I installed the Woods relocation kit and a Skyjacker steering stabilizer. The stabilizer is bulky but the relocation kit gets it up and out of the way. No rubbing the track bar, very easy install too. I can feel a very big difference in bumpsteer. Now when I go over a big pothole or frost heave in the street the Jeep isn't trying to jolt the steering wheel out of my hands. There is very little reaction from the steering wheel now. I say go for it.

Quick Reply: Need steering stabilizer recommend