Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

In need of some wheel information!!!

Old 01-19-2015, 10:27 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default In need of some wheel information!!!

I have a set of 33x14.5 tire that came off of an old CJ and I wasn't to put them on my JK, Currently the tires are on 16x10" wheels. I know that I need to buy a set of wheels with a 5 on 5 bolt pattern but I can't find any steel wheels with the correct bolt pattern that are 16x10. If anyone happens to know of where I can find some I would really appreciate it!!( preferably not D-window rims but at this point I'll take any leads)

Also, I read on another forum that you can use a 8" wide rim on a 14.5" tire, is this true? And if so will a 8" rim work since they are already on a 10" rim? And what does the backspacing mean? Thanks in advance! I really appreciate any knowledge that can be shined upon this subject for me!!
Old 01-19-2015, 11:09 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

There is some info in both of the threads stuck right to the top of this modified area.

But, backspacing is how far into the wheel wells, or out of the wheel wells, the rim/tire sit. Stock JK rims are 6.25" backspace. As that number goes down, the rim moves further out. Offset is another measurement for the same thing. Positive offset moves into the wells, negative offset moves out.

What is the backspace on your current rims? Rather than buying new rims, you might look at spacer/adapters that will convert the bolt pattern while also moving the tires out 1.5"

Quick Reply: In need of some wheel information!!!