Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Need some quick trqck bar help!!!

Old 07-18-2015, 10:17 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Everything is torqued correctly. No movement of bolt. Both brackets (frame and axle side) are new too so it's a nice tight fit.
Old 07-18-2015, 10:21 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That is an excessive amount of play for sure. Did you try throwing the stock TB back on yet?

I remember you said you were getting a bit of a wobble recently as well. If the TB isn't the source of your problems, check your Toe-in. I went through the same situation recently where I replaced my JKS for the Stocker only to find out my Jeep doesn't like to run too much toe-in. It would cause the tires to fight for traction leading to a wobble.
Old 07-18-2015, 03:15 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by D_engel
That is an excessive amount of play for sure. Did you try throwing the stock TB back on yet? I remember you said you were getting a bit of a wobble recently as well. If the TB isn't the source of your problems, check your Toe-in. I went through the same situation recently where I replaced my JKS for the Stocker only to find out my Jeep doesn't like to run too much toe-in. It would cause the tires to fight for traction leading to a wobble.
Didn't have time to try stock. Left this morning for a long trek to rubicon trail. I'm gonna try and stop into metalcloak on Monday or Tuesday to see if they have bushings.
I've been experimenting with toe-in as well. I'm at 3/16 right now and it seems pretty good.
No more wobble though! I installed the northridge bolt kit (I believe you recommended this) and got rid of my tire beads in place of Road force balancing. That constant shimmy probably prematurely wore out my bushings.
Old 07-18-2015, 03:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sea bass
Didn't have time to try stock. Left this morning for a long trek to rubicon trail. I'm gonna try and stop into metalcloak on Monday or Tuesday to see if they have bushings. I've been experimenting with toe-in as well. I'm at 3/16 right now and it seems pretty good. No more wobble though! I installed the northridge bolt kit (I believe you recommended this) and got rid of my tire beads in place of Road force balancing. That constant shimmy probably prematurely wore out my bushings.
The guys at Metal Cloak are great. I'm sure they can help. They have bailed me out twice now. It helps that I can drive there in less than 2 hours.
Old 07-19-2015, 03:42 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sea bass
Hope this vid works: http://magis.to/fycqWQRTGEIsP3kGDmEwCX17?l=vsm&o=i&c=c Made this vid with a free iPad app so not sure if it'll work. Been having a hard time tracking down by wandering issue. I have quite a bid of movement and axle shift when dry steering in my garage. The axle side bushing rally squishes a lot and moves as you can see in the end of the vid. Is this more than usual??? With both ends moving as much as they are, is this my problem? Thanks!!!
That looks like normal bushing deflection. All though, ive seen where Synergy had issues with the frame side bushing being too soft.

Quick Reply: Need some quick trqck bar help!!!