Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Need some help with track bar

Old 02-04-2012, 12:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some help with track bar

My track bar strikes my diff cover when I am flexing. I am fine during normal driving. I am installing new ARB covers and don't want to mar them up unnecessarily some I am wondering if someone can tell me what to do here. Do I need a new track bar or a different bracket set up? I am running a Rusty's 3.25 on my 2011 Rubicon.

Thanks for any help.

Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG2249.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	273901Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG2248.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	273902
Old 02-04-2012, 02:43 PM
JK Newbie

Brackets up front that change the mount locations will change you geometry and you don't want to do that unless you are going all the way with that setup. Looks like you need a track bar with a little forward bend for the diff or some bump stops that would limit your up travel. If your tires are not rubbing your fenders and you don't want to limit up travel, I think a different track bar would be the best solution.
Old 02-05-2012, 03:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

I would like opinions on which track bar would give me great clearance and is solid.
Old 02-05-2012, 04:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gtrman33
I would like opinions on which track bar would give me great clearance and is solid.
I would reach out to Northridge for this question. I had an issue with mine as well. The insight I received was spot on and I run the JKS and it has plenty of clearance. At full flex I still have plenty of space, but I am running 2.5 with 1 inch spacer. The JKS uses clevite bushings at both ends and is quite heavy duty and quiet..
Old 02-05-2012, 06:23 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have arb covers front and rear with jks trackbars front and rear. No rubbing.

Quick Reply: Need some help with track bar