Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Need some help with pr44?

Old 12-31-2011, 03:34 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some help with pr44?

I just installed a pr44 in a bone stock 2 door jk stock suspension and everything. Everything installed fine had no problems at all. I just took it out for a test drive and my steering is really tight when I turn the steering wheel and let go of it it will not center back up it just stays in the turned position untill I turn it back straight? Also when I drive down the road and hit a slight bump or go around a curve in the road my stability light blinks on and off can anyone help me out with these problems?
Old 12-31-2011, 03:54 PM
JK Junkie

My guess? Your toe is off and your steering wheel isn't centered.
Old 12-31-2011, 03:58 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by tslewisz
My guess? Your toe is off and your steering wheel isn't centered.
MY steering wheel looks centered though. How would I fix this?
Old 12-31-2011, 05:41 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Which PR44 did you get, the standard version or the Unlimited version with added caster? It sounds to me like you have the Unlimited version. With stock control arms this puts your caster at 8*. Adjustable control arms will help you dial out a little caster.
Old 12-31-2011, 05:47 PM
JK Freak

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Do you have a stabilizer on? If so, did you bend it? Sounds like a bent stabilizer to me.
Old 12-31-2011, 05:55 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Dynatrac
Which PR44 did you get, the standard version or the Unlimited version with added caster? It sounds to me like you have the Unlimited version. With stock control arms this puts your caster at 8*. Adjustable control arms will help you dial out a little caster.
Its the unlimited housing with stock control arms. Thank you for replying to this dynatrac. I just fixed the ESP light problem my steering wheel just needed adj just a little I just took it out and took some bumpy curves at 50 55 mph and no lights at all. Now I just have to fix my steering problem when driving if I turn the steering wheel going around a curve and let go of the wheel it will not recenter and also when driving straight it has some slack in the wheel? I no this is off topic but I put 2 quarts of 75-140 Mobil 1 gear oil in it am I good to go there?
Old 12-31-2011, 05:57 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by T&ERun
Do you have a stabilizer on? If so, did you bend it? Sounds like a bent stabilizer to me.
Yes I have a factory stabilizer but doesn't appear to be bent..
Old 12-31-2011, 07:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

You need adjustable control arms with the unlimited. Read the info on Dynatrac's webpage, it specifically calls this out. For this reason I'm ordering their standard housing.

I have the AEV 3.5" lift with control arm drop brackets. Thus I run the stock geometry.
Old 12-31-2011, 07:45 PM
JK Freak

[QUOTE="internski"]You need adjustable control arms with the unlimited. Read the info on Dynatrac's webpage, it specifically calls this out. For this reason I'm ordering their standard housing.

I have the AEV 3.5" lift with control arm drop brackets. Thus I run the stock geometry.[/QUOTE

I have rock krawler adj control arms there just not installed yet I'm going to be putting on my lift hear shortly after I get it back from the gear shop. Would adj trac bar and control arms fix my tracking problem?
Old 01-01-2012, 04:12 AM
JK Freak

I've got a rock krawler 3.5 x factor kit but I won't be able to install the drag link flip kit or HD tie rod yet because I haven't purchased the ends for them. Would it help if I installed everything else though?

Quick Reply: Need some help with pr44?