Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Need some help.. Not my jeep, but my work beater

Old 12-03-2013, 09:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some help.. Not my jeep, but my work beater

I've looked all over the Internet, through chilton manuals, and talked to other mechanics.. Ill copy and paste my post from another forum, any info or suggestions would be greatly appreciated as long as it's not junk it and drive the jeep.. I love my jeep but with the distance I travel to work I need a cheap car also.

I have a 95 dodge neon, 2.0 sohc, 5 spd. I put a head gasket, water pump, and timing belt in it and it ran great until I pressure washed the engine bay. I know its a dumb thing to do but I never gave it a second thought at the time. I ended up with a code of P0123 (tps circuit A high voltage). I started troubleshooting the tps and have 5v on the reference wire, ground is good, but I had 4.6v in the signal wire. This was all tested by back probing the connector while plugged into the tps. I pulled the signal wire out of the tps connector and out of the pcm connector so both ends were disconnected and checked it for voltage to see if it is shorted to the reference wire. 0v, no short. I pushed a test wire through the pcm connector on to pin #10, the signal wire pin, and have 4.6v coming out of the pcm where the tps signal voltage should go in.
I got a junk yard pcm and have all the same problems except I get 4.9v instead of 4.6 and now my tps is fried. I got a new tps but don't want to fry it. Is it possible that I got a bad pcm from the junk yard that has the exact same problem as the original?
Old 12-04-2013, 05:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If possible this can be deleted.. I got the problem fixed. Thanks to anyone that read and gave any thought into any possibilities I missed. It was just the tps sensor.

Quick Reply: Need some help.. Not my jeep, but my work beater