Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Need some help with my New Lift...

Old 03-12-2013, 03:55 AM
-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some help with my New Lift...

looking for a little advice. I just installed a 2.5" RC BB this past weekend and after I installed the front spacer I noticed the Jeep was LEVEL! I was kinda confused as to why this was. I know it had a rake look and I did install an aftermarket bumper but I didn't think the front was that much lower. So u installed a 1/2 inch spacer in the back just for a little more clearance but that was it since I didn't want that obnoxious rake look again.

So here's my question...

I was thinking I would just return the Rough Country lift all together. I am ordering some Rancho 9000's and was thinking of ordering some 3" EVO Plush Ride Lift Coils. Because I have a 2012 I will be replacing my front drive shaft and I have already installed a rear track bar relocation bracket and extended rear sway bar links. What else would I need to do to make this lift work? I'm trying not to break the bank but I also want to do this right.

Your advice is much appreciated.
Old 03-12-2013, 04:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Rough country front track bar bracket, extended brake lines, teraflex rear track bar bracket, aev geometry correction control arm brackets. That's what I am running on my 4 in and my alignment came out perfect with adjustable control arms or adjustable track arms.
Old 03-12-2013, 04:03 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Guess I just don't quite understand what your after? You say that you didn't want the Jeep to have a rake. And you had it "level" at one time. But then you added spacers in the back?

Are you sure you know what you wan't?
Old 03-12-2013, 04:08 AM
-

Originally Posted by JK-Ford
Guess I just don't quite understand what your after? You say that you didn't want the Jeep to have a rake. And you had it "level" at one time. But then you added spacers in the back?

Are you sure you know what you wan't?
Well the 1/2 inch in the back didn't really give it much of a rake but a little more room to add bigger tires. I opted to not install the full 2 inches in the back because I figured that would put me right back where I started. So now I'm contemplating starting over with a different lift setup and. Was wondering what I would need if I went up to 3 inches.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:29 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Was that a front or rear bumper that you added?.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:48 AM
-

Front bumper
Old 03-12-2013, 07:04 AM
JK Freak

I say go ahead (if you haven't already) and finish installing the rear spacers that came with the kit (2.5") and then if you still get the rake then add a 1/2" spacer in the front.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:05 AM
JK Freak

if you measure how tall the front spacer is and how tall the rear spacer is you will find out that the rear spacer is way shorter than the front one

Quick Reply: Need some help with my New Lift...