Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Need some guidance selecting a lift

Old 01-26-2009, 10:25 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some guidance selecting a lift

I need help selecting a lift for my hardtop unlimited rubi. I will be sticking with my stock 32’s or possibly jumping up to 33’s since this is for my daily driver/ weekend warrior. Later this week, I will be installing my spidertrax wheel spacers so I shouldn’t have rubbing issues after a lift. In the future I will probably be adding a shrockworks mid-width front bumper, winch, and a full-width rear bumper. Unlike many people on the forum, I would prefer to have some rake and not have the jeep sit level for the times when I’m loaded down for a hunting or camping trip, or pulling my boat to go fishing. I really don’t care for the squatting look when loaded down. After doing some rigorous searching and reading for the past month, I have not made up my mind on a lift yet. I initially decided on a tf 2.5 bb lift, but figured it wouldn’t be good with a lot of extra weight on the stock springs. I am now trying to decide between the teraflex 2.5 coil, rough country 2.5 coil, and the ome 2” lift. If I would go with the OME lift, should I go with the MD or HD? Would the HD look silly with the stock 32’s? Whichever lift I decide on, I will be installing the JKS front and rear adjustable trackbars. Any guidance will be greatly appreciated. I just want to do this right the first time.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:28 AM
JK Junkie

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...72&postcount=2
Old 01-26-2009, 11:00 AM
JK Freak

you will find that the TF 2.5" coil lift is VERY popular. I love mine so far, easy install, good parts, but it will fix your rake so your level. If you want to keep factory rake, go BB, but i dont recommend BB to anyone once the nice 2.5" coil lift came out.
Old 01-26-2009, 06:04 PM
JK Newbie

Yeah I definately want to go with a coil lift. I know me too well, and if I get a bb lift, a few months later I will be wanting a coil lift. Soo, I want a coil lift for sure. As far as the rake issue, it wont kill me if my jeep isn't level when loaded up with gear. Most ome owners claim to have a much better than stock ride. Is it really worth the price difference?
Old 01-26-2009, 06:47 PM
JK Super Freak

I can't really help you with the unlimited part but I am running the TF 2.5" coil lift with shocks,
shrockworks mid width front and rear tire carrier. I might be wrong be you should not see very much sag with the new coils when loaded with gear. I just went on a weekend ride and was loaded with as much gear as a 2dr would handle and I did not notice the rear dropping at all.

Here are a couple of pics with the stock 32's but MT wheels.

This detail in this pic is kind of hard to see but there is still a little rake

For comparison here is the jk now with 35's and the rear tire carrier.

Quick Reply: Need some guidance selecting a lift