Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Need Some Advice...Should I lift my JK?

Old 06-28-2015, 06:52 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You make some darn good points. I'll admit it, my Willys is the most expensive new car I've ever owned out of the 14 I've purchased.

Originally Posted by jeepmojo
i believe he posted he had 3.21 gearing and thats not a great gearing for 35s and lifted to start with
He dosent off road and just wanted looks overall, so i doubt but i could be wrong that he will want to drop tons of cash into a jeep just to ride to work and to stores . Not that there arnt plenty who do this but i wouldnt.

most jeeps that off road with 33s and no lift do as good as a lifted one with 35s and small lift

id rather not loose the stock ride , warranty , steer issues , and other things .
im not saying a quality lift isnt good , id toss one on too if i thought id use it enough to warrant the cost and gremlins that can go with them including driveshafts , gearing , large sized tire cost , drag links , tie rod, etc ...

A lifted jeep isnt all that anyway in my opinion . I think some look stupid in fact and looked better stock but not with the 225 tires of course . You can add things that will make a stock jeep very nice with out having to lift and go 35 or bigger for sure and not suffer the never ending empty every pocket syndrome that bites most jeep owners who are trying to out do their friend or something. It also allows you to take time to decide what items youl need . Youl find you need less than you thought most likely. Youl spend more than you have even going easy , no sense going deep into debt if you dont really need some things. not everyone needs winches or body armor rock rails, led lights, onboard air,
37s king shocks, hemi, or grab handles

THE cost of the jeep itself is hard enough to come up with
Old 07-10-2015, 08:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

I still have stock gears just cause upgrade dosent neccesarily mean you need to regear. if you plan on not off roading then you might want to. I have 35s and 3inch teraflex lift and offroad on the weekends. but its not my daily driver my Harley is. I would keep that teraflex lift and get 33s and get new fender flares or trim them to get the look
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150709_093503.jpg
Views:	332
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	617421  
Old 07-25-2015, 09:46 AM
JK Newbie

in response to the original post of 06/21/13 (i know im late, lol) what did u end up doing ?

Quick Reply: Need Some Advice...Should I lift my JK?