Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Need some advice on impact wrenches

Old 05-25-2021, 05:28 AM
JK Junkie

Received 160 Likes on 141 Posts

Although I'm an engineer in aerospace, I don't own and don't use a torque wrench for anything I do at home on personal things. I know it's wrong, but that's how I grew up, and it's always worked for me that way. Don't worry, I do enforce the torques at work, so you can safely assume the evacuation slides from my company will work, if maintained properly.
Old 05-25-2021, 05:31 AM
Dat
JK Freak

Received 112 Likes on 99 Posts

Inch pound torque wrench is worth it
and like resharp said, half inch 50 / 250 foot pound is worth having and 15 to 19 foot pounds is just a good pull on the wrench, craftsman from Sears used to be good for home use, but I haven’t bought any craftsman in years, not sure of their quality now, inch pound a bow type is good, on the higher side the click type is easy to use without having to look that close

Quick Reply: Need some advice on impact wrenches