Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Need skid plates for 2012 JKU

Old 05-29-2012, 02:52 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FlameRedJK
Sweet, gotcha. Waiting till I have cash for a new J.E. Reel 1310 DS to pull the AFE pipe.
Thinking I will go with the oil pan and trans skids then
sounds like a good plan
Old 05-29-2012, 03:34 PM
JK Jedi

I bought the rock hard engine, oil pan, cat and transmission skid. It was easy to install with a floor jack holding the weight. The main reason i went with this skid is the horror stories on here about the install on the evo tranny skid. I love evo stuff and its all great but that install sounded really tough. I'm sure the evo is fantastic but i am very pleased with my rock hard skid
Old 05-30-2012, 07:40 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by mattgt5
I bought the rock hard engine, oil pan, cat and transmission skid. It was easy to install with a floor jack holding the weight. The main reason i went with this skid is the horror stories on here about the install on the evo tranny skid. I love evo stuff and its all great but that install sounded really tough. I'm sure the evo is fantastic but i am very pleased with my rock hard skid
its really a very easy install. IF you read the instructions wrong, it's not so easy.
Old 05-30-2012, 12:32 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The install of the oil pan looks obvious and very straight forward with a socket and some care not to take an oil bag but what does the tranny slid involve? I'm guessing drilling of a hole or two and fastening down with some bolts?
Are the instructions available anywhere online?
Old 05-30-2012, 12:36 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by FlameRedJK
The install of the oil pan looks obvious and very straight forward with a socket and some care not to take an oil bag but what does the tranny slid involve? I'm guessing drilling of a hole or two and fastening down with some bolts?
Are the instructions available anywhere online?
you can see a complete write-up of the install here:

Project-JK.com - Jeep JK Wrangler Resource » EVO MFG 2012 Jeep JK Wrangler ProTeK Skid System Installation Write-Up

very easy to do
Old 05-30-2012, 12:44 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by wayoflife
Haha durrr forgot about that, gracias señor!
Old 05-30-2012, 12:52 PM
JK Jedi

What turned me off was the removal of the transmission mount bolts to slide the skid under. Other than that it all seems pretty straight forward. Then when experienced forum members recount their difficulties, i went another direction. Like i said before, i am sure this is a fantastic product. Just wanted to share my experience with the rock hard skid that i run.
Old 05-30-2012, 12:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Sweet looks easy peezy lemon squeezy
Old 05-30-2012, 12:56 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Plus, if you email Evo, they will gladly send you the installation instructions.

When I had mine done, I printed the install instructions for the shop doing it. It's one page, single sided, and big print for all 3 skids. The shop that did mine said it was a simple install and he was done much quicker than expected.
Old 06-25-2012, 08:45 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default moved the skid

I recently had a 2.5 inch coil lift and took her out wheelin fairly hard (to a newbie like me at least). I checked the drive shaft and sure enough have scuff marks on the side next to the evap skid. I found this video from teraflex News - TeraFlex Tech: EVAP Relocation | TeraFlex Suspensions
so I just did that today. It moved the plate around 25mm away. I hope that's a fix and if so, saved replacement. It took 20 minutes.

Here are some phone pics of the damage and what plates look like after I moved it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	4-CAEA38F9-867926-800.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	333831Click image for larger version

Name:	4-36039B0A-863270-800.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	333832

I think I can get by with this for the rear.

Last edited by Grinder; 06-25-2012 at 09:07 PM.

Quick Reply: Need skid plates for 2012 JKU