Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Need shock help - is this possible?

Old 12-12-2012, 06:47 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How much did you air down? Maybe not enough? Yes, I find it's quite rough with RC 2.2 shocks off road (on road it's fine), same as it was rough with stock shocks anyway. For this reason I always air down to around 15psi, sometimes 12psi. Less if I'm doing technical rocks. At those pressures the ride becomes very comfortable and smooth, while still retaining nice, firm shocks. If you make your shocks too soft, you are going to bottom out on every pot hole and bump. The proper way to set a shock is in a way that will use its entire uptravel without bottoming out. If it bottoms out, then it's too soft. If it doesn't use all of its uptravel, then it's too firm and you are simply not utilizing your shocks' full potential. Also, try to fly through the rough stuff. To me it actually makes things feel smoother than going over at slower speeds. Just don't lose control.

Quick Reply: Need shock help - is this possible?