Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Need Shock help

Old 04-15-2008, 05:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Shock help

I know there are threads on this and I have read through them. I installed a Rough Country 2.5" lift and opted for the shock extensions on my X. I've decided to change the shocks out and am having a hard time deciding on which ones and where to buy them.
I've heard nothing but good about bilstein, old man emu, and full traction M force. How about teraflex 9550 or Black diamond A/T?
My x is a daily driver but I would like to take it out to wheel at least a couple of times a month. Price-wise Im looking for something in between the very expensive (i.e. over 100$/shock) and the very inexpensive. Thanks for your opinions.
Old 04-15-2008, 06:04 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah... I was in the same boat. All these stores have a huge selection of shocks. If you are not sure of the lengths you need, go to 4wd.com and go to the shocks section there and pick your lift height. They narrow your choices down and you just pick the brand you want. If you are re-using the adapters, then you'd pick "no lift" as you option.

The teraflex 9550's seem to be some nice all around shocks for lifts between 2-3 inches. I've heard the OME shocks are rather nice as well and make the ride much smoother. Personally, I’m getting a set of skyjackers because they offer the best travel distance over anything else for their price which is what I’m going for.
Old 04-15-2008, 06:38 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by judesign
I know there are threads on this and I have read through them. I installed a Rough Country 2.5" lift and opted for the shock extensions on my X. I've decided to change the shocks out and am having a hard time deciding on which ones and where to buy them.
I've heard nothing but good about bilstein, old man emu, and full traction M force. How about teraflex 9550 or Black diamond A/T?
My x is a daily driver but I would like to take it out to wheel at least a couple of times a month. Price-wise Im looking for something in between the very expensive (i.e. over 100$/shock) and the very inexpensive. Thanks for your opinions.

Go with the ones that match your RC lift...the 2.2 performance shocks
Old 04-15-2008, 07:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dyolfknip
Go with the ones that match your RC lift...the 2.2 performance shocks
I've heard mixed reviews on these. How do you like them?

Quick Reply: Need Shock help