Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Need to reprogram true tire diameter 37" mtr k's

Old 01-06-2016, 08:42 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need to reprogram true tire diameter 37" mtr k's

Hello

My Jeep was in for regular service and only God knows why, but they reprogrammed my tire size to be exactly 37"

It took me a while originally to find a size setting that truly matched my Goodyear Mtr k's

37x12.5x17

If someone is running these on a two door I'd love to hear what size you came up with, I know every rig is different, but this could give me a ballpark number and save me a bunch of time

I had written down all of the programming changes, but we moved since then and I can't find that info

Thanks for any help

Matthew
Old 01-07-2016, 01:17 AM
JK Junkie

I believe i went with the default 35.75
Old 01-07-2016, 03:06 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Matthewd5
Hello

My Jeep was in for regular service and only God knows why, but they reprogrammed my tire size to be exactly 37"

It took me a while originally to find a size setting that truly matched my Goodyear Mtr k's

37x12.5x17

If someone is running these on a two door I'd love to hear what size you came up with, I know every rig is different, but this could give me a ballpark number and save me a bunch of time

I had written down all of the programming changes, but we moved since then and I can't find that info

Thanks for any help

Matthew
Does the dealer give you any guff for running those 37's
Old 01-07-2016, 03:44 AM
JK Junkie

No, the dealer is great about it

They even installed my Dynatrac brake upgrade

Matthew
Old 01-07-2016, 03:45 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by kjeeper10
I believe i went with the default 35.75
Thank you

How much air are you running for on road use?

Matthew
Old 01-07-2016, 04:02 AM
JK Freak

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

The best/easiest way is to measure from the ground to the center of the hub. For a 35 it will be around 15.5 and 16.5 inches depending how much air you are running. Once you have this number, multiply by two and add the wheel size. You will be within a mile per hour or two. This technique has never failed me. Some will say it's not the way to do it, I say it is. I've done it three times now and each time the speedo is almost dead on with a gps.
Old 01-07-2016, 04:03 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Matthewd5
No, the dealer is great about it

They even installed my Dynatrac brake upgrade

Matthew
Out of curiosity what model wrangler do you have and what axle mods have you done. I currently have the 35 mtr on my 2 door Rubicon and having the itch to go to 37's
Old 01-07-2016, 04:22 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by littleredjk
Out of curiosity what model wrangler do you have and what axle mods have you done. I currently have the 35 mtr on my 2 door Rubicon and having the itch to go to 37's
I have a two door sport

I replaced both axle assembles, which is both the axle housing plus the axles themselves (dynatrac pro rock D44 and d60) as well as the gearing (5.13) and added ARB lockers as well as new custom drive shafts

I also upgraded the brakes to the dynatrac package

Matthew
Old 01-07-2016, 10:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

I just had 37" MTR/K installed and I set mine at 36.25 and the speedo seems to be on
Old 01-07-2016, 10:40 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by T&ERun
The best/easiest way is to measure from the ground to the center of the hub. For a 35 it will be around 15.5 and 16.5 inches depending how much air you are running. Once you have this number, multiply by two and add the wheel size. You will be within a mile per hour or two. This technique has never failed me. Some will say it's not the way to do it, I say it is. I've done it three times now and each time the speedo is almost dead on with a gps.
Add wheel size how? Of u did 15.5x2 it would equal 31. Then which wheel measurement are you adding?

Quick Reply: Need to reprogram true tire diameter 37" mtr k's