Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Need repair advice for grill

Old 09-11-2013, 02:44 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need repair advice for grill

So I was all pumped to replace the chrome grill emblem when my blacked out version arrived today and as I'm heating up the letters, using the fishing line, etc. the letters just weren't budging. So I grabbed the edge of a letter and slowly started working it and just horsed it too much - ended up with a big ol chunk of paint out of the grill. Apparently they had been glued back on at some point. I've got it filled with touch up paint for now, but it'll need to be fixed.

I don't want to black it out with bed liner so would I be better off just biting the bullet and taking it to the body shop for repaint or should I look into color matching with bed liner? Cost difference? Durability? Cool factor? Thanks for your help
Old 09-11-2013, 03:00 PM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by shrocks
So I was all pumped to replace the chrome grill emblem when my blacked out version arrived today and as I'm heating up the letters, using the fishing line, etc. the letters just weren't budging. So I grabbed the edge of a letter and slowly started working it and just horsed it too much - ended up with a big ol chunk of paint out of the grill. Apparently they had been glued back on at some point. I've got it filled with touch up paint for now, but it'll need to be fixed.

I don't want to black it out with bed liner so would I be better off just biting the bullet and taking it to the body shop for repaint or should I look into color matching with bed liner? Cost difference? Durability? Cool factor? Thanks for your help

what color is your jeep? I have a silver grill that is in excellent shape that I am selling.
Old 09-11-2013, 03:12 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's actually silver! 08 bright silver... pm me a price shipped to 46565 please - thanks!

Quick Reply: Need repair advice for grill