Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Need, or rather want, more lift

Old 03-25-2015, 05:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need, or rather want, more lift

I have a 2 1/2" teraflex coil lift. I was thinking about putting 1" coil spacers in to get just a little more heigth. I have checked and my shocks are rated for a 4" lift. Can I do this without jacking anything up?? Thanks!!
Old 03-25-2015, 05:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

I did it on a JKU, but don't disconnect your sway bars links off-road until you can buy a driveshaft.
Also check your brake lines make sure you have slack, if not look into the Pro Comp brackets for your brake lines they are like 7 or $8.00 dollars a piece in summit racing in order to have more slack on them.
Old 03-25-2015, 05:47 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Brakelines, bumpstops, axle centering, caster/pinion, driveshaft angles, trackbar/draglink angles, roll center correction, swaybar angles, etc. All of the same concerns anyone with a 3.5-4" lift has...

Whether or not you want/need to correct any of it is up to you.

Last edited by nthinuf; 03-25-2015 at 06:54 PM.
Old 03-25-2015, 06:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have a 2.5" RK max travel set up installed. Before that I had the Teraflex leveling kit, which I still have in the garage. I have thought about installing the leveling kit on top of the RK lift but have yet to do it. Part of me thinks the RK kit does not sit level and still has a forward rake. Then, sometimes it appears to sit level...must be the ground I'm on at the time that makes it look level or nose down.

Anyway...anyone ever added the leveling kit (or just the front spacers from it) on top of a 2.5"? Like mentioned above, I worry there would be more work afterwards (driveshaft mainly, though I do have an unlimited)
Old 03-25-2015, 06:53 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by homeless
anyone ever added the leveling kit (or just the front spacers from it) on top of a 2.5"? Like mentioned above, I worry there would be more work afterwards (driveshaft mainly, though I do have an unlimited)
Adding spacers on top of coils if very common. What you do about it depends on the overall height and your personal opinion of the handling.

How much lift did you get from those coils? About 3"? A bit more? Add 2" spacers on top, and where do you end up? Read the list of concerns from my previous post, and decide how you are going to handle ALL of them, not just the new front driveshaft...

Quick Reply: Need, or rather want, more lift