Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Need pix of the Bestop instatrunk

Old 03-22-2010, 10:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need pix of the Bestop instatrunk

So, I am still uncertain on this Bestop Instatrunk.

According to some people the add-a-trunk from Mopar is a piece of poop because it is made out of plastic.

According to what I am reading here http://www.quadratec.com/products/14147_10X_PG.htm the bestop model is made out of 16 gauge steel. So it should be pretty much unbreakable...right?

Would love to hear some reviews or see pictures.

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-23-2010, 05:16 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you dont need the rear seat, IMO the Tuffy rear deck cover is a nicer option.

I need my seat so what you have mentioned would be the best option for me, but i would need to hack it up to get my hilift where i want it. I want to mock one up with fiberboard sometime and see if i can come up with something easily removable, but made of steel. My rear seat comes and goes out of the Jeep a LOT in the summer.
Old 03-23-2010, 06:18 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use the Bestop Instatrunk. Yah, it's made of steel, and as HappyCurmudgeon suggested, probably the best option for a 2-door with the rear seat in place. Sorry, no pictures.

Quick Reply: Need pix of the Bestop instatrunk