Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Need Opinions on Skyjacker 4" Short Arm Lift

Old 10-29-2009, 07:03 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Opinions on Skyjacker 4" Short Arm Lift

I have an opportunity to pick up a used Skyjacker 4" lift for a great price. It is the short arm kit and comes with front and rear adjustable trackbars, short arms, brake line extensions, rancho shocks and springs and all the hardware. I am running a budget boost now, and I know my flex won't change just clearance which is helpful in my 4 door. I haven't had many problems wheeling around, did Bull Frog with just one extraction, John Bull, Gold Mountain and the like all on my budget boost with 35's. This is an opportunity to go higher but I'm not convinced. Any opinions and feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old 10-29-2009, 07:47 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

It's a 4" Skyjacker with Rancho shocks and coils??

Fixed arms? You might want to look into some type of caster adjustment at some point. And does it include new links?

Last edited by nthinuf; 10-29-2009 at 07:53 PM.
Old 10-29-2009, 07:51 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by nthinuf

Caster adjustment?
comes with a set of short arms upper and lower
Old 10-29-2009, 07:53 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

You were too quick, I went back to edit.
Old 10-29-2009, 08:04 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by nthinuf

Fixed arms? You might want to look into some type of caster adjustment at some point. And does it include new links?
i believe the arms are fixed, and no type of caster adjustment i guess. i thought that's what arms are for? it does include front and rear links
Old 10-29-2009, 10:25 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

If the price is right, go for it.

The fixed arms will work fine for 'that' lift height. But if the coils settle or you add more weight (armor/bumpers/winch), or spacers for a little more height, you have no way to adjust caster for the new ride height. Or if you find that you need new driveshafts, you may need to adjust the caster as well.

Not a big deal, just mentioned it since I didn't know which components you were getting, and if cams were involved I would have pointed you at a few other threads as well.

Only other thing I can think of is bumpstops? Assuming they are included, but if not, you'll want to add a set to the front when you install the coils.

Quick Reply: Need Opinions on Skyjacker 4" Short Arm Lift