Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Need opinions on Rusty's Offroad JK Wrangler 3.25" Basic Kit

Old 04-10-2011, 01:37 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need opinions on Rusty's Offroad JK Wrangler 3.25" Basic Kit

So, I have some extra cash and am wanting to give the JK a little something. I have been looking at the TF 2.5 kit amongst some other kits. However, I just came upon the JK Wrangler 3.25" Basic Kit from Rusty's Offroad and if I remember right from others, they are a very reputable brand. So lay it out good and bad, I don't want to get this lift blind and want to know if anyone has had bad experiences in the past. Thank you for all your help.
Old 04-10-2011, 04:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have a Rusty's 3.25 lift and have been running for about 2 yr's now still gonig strong I did have to add extended bump stops to mine
Old 04-12-2011, 08:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

I spoke to Rusty's this morning. I think for the money the kit is a good buy. I thought I needed the advanced kit, but he told me for what my needs were, the advanced was overkill. I really appreciated that, he could easily have sold me on twice as much money, but didn't. I think I am going with this kit soon. Post up if you go with it.
Old 04-13-2011, 08:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by txdiamond17
I spoke to Rusty's this morning. I think for the money the kit is a good buy. I thought I needed the advanced kit, but he told me for what my needs were, the advanced was overkill. I really appreciated that, he could easily have sold me on twice as much money, but didn't. I think I am going with this kit soon. Post up if you go with it.
That is how I started and its a great little kit. You can't go wrong with it.
Old 04-14-2011, 06:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

That is how I started and its a great little kit. You can't go wrong with it.
Did you need LCA's with this lift? I just want to do it right the first time. DD is the jeeps main duty and I want it to drive at least as good as stock. Rusty assured me I don't, so I kinda believe him. I just wanted some real world info.
Old 04-14-2011, 06:58 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by txdiamond17
Did you need LCA's with this lift? I just want to do it right the first time. DD is the jeeps main duty and I want it to drive at least as good as stock. Rusty assured me I don't, so I kinda believe him. I just wanted some real world info.
I went ahead with the front and rear LCA's so I got everything done in one fell swoop. All I can say is that I really like the ride.
Old 04-14-2011, 07:02 AM
JK Freak

I run that lift and like it. Good people too! I added some rear links and fabricated some brake drops. Well worth it.
Old 04-14-2011, 09:10 AM
biv
JK Newbie

Rusty's a good guy, I had a ton of his gear on my XJ. Never steered me wrong.
Old 04-14-2011, 11:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Good quality stuff, just watch their shipping rates.

Quick Reply: Need opinions on Rusty's Offroad JK Wrangler 3.25" Basic Kit