Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Need opinions on paint Ideas!

Old 02-01-2008, 08:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wraps are $$$$$$$. Be advised. A full wrap on say, a van... you're typically talking about $3,000.

If anyone is looking to get custom decals or wraps or partial wraps or even custom bumper stickers or vinyl signs in the Tri-State area, let me know. One of my closest friends runs a vinyl stick/signage joint here on Long Island. I'm sure he could do some work cheaper than the going rate for ya. Once I decide on how to deck out my Rubi, he's going to be making up stuff for me.
Old 02-01-2008, 09:02 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

#5, Line-X the bottom! Like the red grill better than the black.
Old 02-01-2008, 09:07 AM
JK Junkie

V1
Old 02-01-2008, 09:21 AM
JK Freak

4 here.......
Old 02-01-2008, 09:25 AM
JK Freak

i dont think you are going to be able to wap the hinges like you have shown on a couple of the iterations above. you might want to take that into account when you finalize the location.

i like V4.

what does V5 look like with a black grill
Old 02-01-2008, 09:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thats a bummer, a lot more than I expected. I think I will still go get a quote next week...see what they say, Thanks for the heads up so I am not so ...I think That I will stick with 1...(with a red grill maybe?) and then I would linex the bottom. Hmmm...kinda make it look like #5. If they only need to wrap the tops of the door, windshield frame and the hood then maybe it won't be so much $$.Also...I like the idea of the red grill, but If I wrap it, it will help out with the rock chips that I keep getting from around here...Thanks for all of the quick replies! Kinda wanted to keep the design simple...no flames/flags ect... I thought that being simple would be diferent. and I would put a cutsom logo on the hood instead of Rubicon, but not sure what yet.
Brian

Originally Posted by aphazia
Wraps are $$$$$$$. Be advised. A full wrap on say, a van... you're typically talking about $3,000.

If anyone is looking to get custom decals or wraps or partial wraps or even custom bumper stickers or vinyl signs in the Tri-State area, let me know. One of my closest friends runs a vinyl stick/signage joint here on Long Island. I'm sure he could do some work cheaper than the going rate for ya. Once I decide on how to deck out my Rubi, he's going to be making up stuff for me.
Old 02-01-2008, 09:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thats a good point, lucky the popular #'s don't have any wrap on that part of the doors, here is the version you requested,

Originally Posted by gjeepguy
i dont think you are going to be able to wap the hinges like you have shown on a couple of the iterations above. you might want to take that into account when you finalize the location.

i like V4.

what does V5 look like with a black grill
Old 02-01-2008, 09:41 AM
JK Freak

try some stripes over the top:
Old 02-01-2008, 09:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

sounds good, what kind of stripes? Racing style stripes?

Originally Posted by pkdailey4
try some stripes over the top:
Old 02-01-2008, 09:50 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by bracket
Thats a good point, lucky the popular #'s don't have any wrap on that part of the doors, here is the version you requested,
in case you wanted to know wit red hinges...

Quick Reply: Need opinions on paint Ideas!