Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Need Opinions - Ordering 37's today - Cooper vs Falken

Old 02-14-2016, 01:36 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Opinions - Ordering 37's today - Cooper vs Falken

Ordering my wheel and tire set for jku build tonight, or tomorrow am... Be my voice of reason! I'm going to run 37x12.5x17, jeep will predominately see pavement, but will also see some serious trails in Colorado, and in Texas and Oklahoma at OHV parks. I typically do lifetime mount/balance, as I live 2 miles from Discount tire. Falken Wildpeak I've ran before, they wore good, lasted and are the least expensive option I've looked at. I was just about to order and came across the Cooper ST Maxx AT tire, which seems to have quite a few positive reviews. I can saw the Cooper AT3 tire has been my favorite of any all terrain tire I've ever run (run yoko geolander, nitto, currently running Toyo AT2 on my Carli Ram 2500). The coopers are about $150 more for set of 5, so really it's not much of a difference price wise, I'm just looking for something that's got good road manners, isn't going to howl like a MT, and last a decent ways (being realistic).
Old 02-14-2016, 02:17 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

My last set was 37" wildpeaks. Great price, decent tire, did fine on the colorado trails I ran. Replaced with copper stt pro's. I like the coopers better. Might be too aggressive for your needs, but I like the look much better. They did great on 15 hour freeway trips, with a softer ride than the wildpeaks. Not as quiet as the falkens, but less noisy than any previous aggressive tire I have run.
Old 02-14-2016, 02:19 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nthinuf
My last set was 37" wildpeaks. Great price, decent tire, did fine on the colorado trails I ran. Replaced with copper stt pro's. I like the coopers better. Might be too aggressive for your needs, but I like the look much better. They did great on 15 hour freeway trips, with a softer ride than the wildpeaks. Not as quiet as the falkens, but less noisy than any previous aggressive tire I have run.
boom - exactly kind of input I'm looking for! Thanks

Quick Reply: Need Opinions - Ordering 37's today - Cooper vs Falken