Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Need new wheels for a BB?

Old 03-25-2008, 07:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need new wheels for a BB?

Ok i'm pretty new to this lift stuff. I've only done one lift on an 06 Grand Vitara.

Ok Heres what i have.

I have the stock wheels, the cheap 16" ones on the base model X. I have added larger tires. 265/75/16 So about a 31"

I am going to buy the Rough Country 2.5BB lift.

I would like to order it with the shocks it comes with.

Do I need to get new wheels?(with or without new shocks?) Will i have rubbing? The tires are not very wide. If i have to get new wheels i will have to wait for a while for funding
Old 03-25-2008, 08:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Anyone have a clue on this? I would like to order before 2pm today so it ships today. I want it by this weekend.

I need to know if I should get with or without shicks and not have to change my wheels.
Old 03-25-2008, 08:53 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello fellow new mexican! haha. Im new to this stuff also but i have been on the forum for a while now and i think i got an understanding for it.

The lift as far as i know only affects the ride height. If your new tires are already on and you dont have any rubbing, i would assume that you will be alright. (feel free to correct me if im wrong anyone)

Good luck with your mods!
Old 03-25-2008, 08:55 AM
JK Freak

btw, if for any reason there is any rubbing, you dont really need all new wheels, you should be fine with the spacers, i think thoes will run you about $130
Old 03-25-2008, 09:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

I put the RC 2.5 BB on my X and just used the shock extensions because I plan to buy better shocks in the future. I drove mine a week on the stock tires and wheels while I was waiting for my new tire and wheels to come in. Other than looking stupid with the stock 29 inch tires it drove the same with no problems. I added Pro Comp 1079's 16 x8 and DC Mud Country's 285/75/16.
I have an auto with 4.10 gears and plan to change to 4.88's later this summer.
About the lift itself. I started at 1:00 and went for a drive at 3:30. It is very easy to do with just a few hand tools, jack stands and 2 floor jacks.
Old 03-25-2008, 09:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

With the RC 2.5" BB you can squeeze 35's in there...however, there seems to be some debate as to whether or not they will rub. Personally, i have the RC kit installed with 295/75R16's runnin' on stock X aluminum wheels. But I have a set of Spidertrax 1.5" wheel spacers to widen out the stance... remember, don't go up unless you go out as well....
Old 03-25-2008, 09:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

I just ordered it without shocks. When money allows I'll get some shocks. I guess it should look ok for now.

Quick Reply: Need new wheels for a BB?