Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Need new sneakers.... have Kelly Safari TSR's 315-70-17 on now....

Old 10-30-2013, 06:53 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need new sneakers.... have Kelly Safari TSR's 315-70-17 on now....

Need new sneakers.... have Kelly Safari TSR's 315-70-17 on now....
Very happy with these tires but I dont think I will get through the winter safely on them. I have over 40k miles on them. Still looking good but the splines are just about gone.... slipping on wet roads.
Looking for some new tires.....
1) Would like something that measures out closer to a true 35" tire.... my Kelly's measure out just a tad over 34".
2) Needs to be an AT or MT that was just as good as my Kelly's.....
3) Price.... Trying to keep this around or under $1k.
My jeep is my dd. I'm a project manager for a home builder.... I'm off pavement a few times a month but not wheeling. The Kelly's did great.....I have over a dozen nails and screws in my tires and no leaks.... cant say that for the Toyo Open Countrys I owned before these.
Anyway any suggestions are welcome.
Old 10-31-2013, 01:28 AM
JK Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

For durability you cannot go wrong with the cooper ST Maxx. I have 79K on mine now, they are done now, and I will be replacing them, I would like to go with them again, but wish they made a lighter version. The E load rating makes for a rough ride. They Grip through EVERYTHING!, and are great on road too. I am on the fence about using them again!. I may go with the goodyear Territory which is a canadian tire version of the duratrac, they go on sale for buy 3 get one free, so thats tempting too!
Old 10-31-2013, 04:15 AM
JK Newbie

I would 100% recommend the Duratracs! I read countless amazing reviews about them before I put them on my JK and couldn't be happier with them. Their aggressive look is really nice but the lack of noise and overall ride is beyond impressive. They're also among the lightest 315/70/17 tire you can buy which is another reason I got them. Look into them and do some research on them. They also can't be beat in the snow unless of course you go dedicated snow tires. Good luck!
Old 10-31-2013, 11:53 AM
JK Newbie

$1000 is a tough budget for 5 35" tires. If you want to go the inexpensive route, check out Treadwright Guard Dogs. I've got about 1,500 miles on mine now and love them. They are retreads, but you'll have a tough time finding bad reviews out there. You can get 5 shipped for about $900.
Old 10-31-2013, 01:13 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by OrthoDoc
$1000 is a tough budget for 5 35" tires. If you want to go the inexpensive route, check out Treadwright Guard Dogs. I've got about 1,500 miles on mine now and love them. They are retreads, but you'll have a tough time finding bad reviews out there. You can get 5 shipped for about $900.
Only need 4.
My spare had never been used.

Quick Reply: Need new sneakers.... have Kelly Safari TSR's 315-70-17 on now....