Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

need new shocks. RockSport Long Travel Shock, any thoughts?

Old 08-04-2016, 02:35 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need new shocks. RockSport Long Travel Shock, any thoughts?

RockSport Long Travel Shock, any thoughts?

2015 jku.
35" nitto trail grapper/ aev wheels.

I am running metal-cloak 3.5 game-changer with Rubicon shocks. I have added Ace engineering front and rear bumpers and dont like the ride anymore. I have been waiting to get new shocks and now i need to. Just looking for advice. The ace stuff added a ton of weight. Need to firm up the ride.
Thanks
Old 08-05-2016, 07:12 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

3.5" lift and you are using Rubi shocks?! I would be curious to see some photos of your set up.
I think the rocksport are just rebranded OME shocks? If they are they are a decent throw away shock.
Old 08-05-2016, 08:11 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Holy smokes lol
Reviews are pretty good on the MC shocks. I like the travel built into them similar to the OME's.
Old 08-06-2016, 07:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
3.5" lift and you are using Rubi shocks?! I would be curious to see some photos of your set up. I think the rocksport are just rebranded OME shocks? If they are they are a decent throw away shock.
Doubt they're rebranded OME shocks, extended and compressed values are different, My guess they're procomp or another cheapy manufacturer.
Old 08-06-2016, 07:45 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

Stock shocks and that lift?? You must have absolutely no down travel at all, not even an inch.

I doubt they're rebranded low buck shocks, have you ridden on a set of low buck shocks? People are convinced spending more money makes it ride better but anyone would be able to see past some shiny paint Ann's stickers if that's what they really were. That's a question metalcloak could answer though, they're on the forums now and again.
Old 08-07-2016, 06:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Fox2.0 shocks pair nicely with the metalcloak coils. Ran stock shocks with mine for about two weeks while my fox were being built and the fox firmed the ride right up. Even fully loaded down it feels very controlled
Old 08-08-2016, 02:52 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you want the RockSport shocks, I have a set of 4 new in box that I acquired and then changed build plans and went with a different shock.

Quick Reply: need new shocks. RockSport Long Travel Shock, any thoughts?