Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Need New Catalytic Converters... Aftermarket brands?

Old 06-20-2018, 10:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need New Catalytic Converters... Aftermarket brands?

Hey JKF,
I've been throwing a few codes saying I need new cats at 127k, so I've been looking into magnaflow aftermarket cats. But I've also had bad luck going aftermarket for the exhaust manifolds recently with them cracking. So I was wondering if anyone's had experience with performance aftermarket brands like magnaflow, or any others that make cats? Or if I should.just stick with stock?
Thanks!
Old 06-21-2018, 10:46 AM
JK Junkie
FJOTM Winner

Received 210 Likes on 189 Posts

Suggest posting in this thread and ask Geordo about the Magnaflow cats he recently put in.

Removed the cats on mine to do the clutch and it's a bit of work to do by yourself, another set of hands sure helped going back in. Shortly after putting everything back together one of my O2 sensors started to act up and died, which probably was related to jarring them during removal or installation. Suggest removing all the O2 sensors first, and installing them last -- This will add clearance, making removal/installation easier, and reduce the odds of damaging them.

Another suggestion is to remove all the rubber hangers on the exhaust so the after-cat part of the exhaust can be pulled rearward out of the way, and support with some bailing wire. The rubber hangers are probably getting hard, and are cheap to replace. Removing them can be a pain, I used channel-locks plus spray lube, but there is a special tool.

Last edited by Mr.T; 06-21-2018 at 10:48 AM.

Quick Reply: Need New Catalytic Converters... Aftermarket brands?