Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Need MORE lift!!!

Old 04-18-2012, 06:07 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need MORE lift!!!

I know this was just recently asked about adding spacers or a body lift on an already lifted rig but this is what I have and I'm open to suggestions....

4.5" BDS lift with Fox shocks. The front looks great after I installed my new stubby a couple of week ago but I'm more afraid of the rear sagging once I install my new rear bumper and tire carrier.

I'm thinking I'll sag about 1/4" so my nose will be up in the air. How would 2" rear spacers and 1.5" front spacers do with the 4.5" suspension lift already on it? I know drive shaft will have to be replaced which is already top on my list.

Bad idea for any reasons? I also thought about the body lift but dont really want any gaps and would rather stick with leveling out and lifting more with the suspension and if I have to adding a body lift down the road.

Suggestions? If i go with spacers, which ones would you suggest?

Thanks!!!
Old 04-18-2012, 06:11 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

if you're not already running long arms, you'll want it if you really plan on running that much lift.
Old 04-18-2012, 10:50 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wayoflife
if you're not already running long arms, you'll want it if you really plan on running that much lift.
Is that because of the street ride quality?
Old 04-18-2012, 05:57 PM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

Honestly if it was mine, I would install the bumper and tire carrier and see how it does. Being that you just installed the front bumper, you may notice some sag after some time in front

Quick Reply: Need MORE lift!!!