Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Need Manual to Install Leveling Kit

Old 07-20-2012, 06:39 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Manual to Install Leveling Kit

Does anyone know where I can download a service manual for my 2012 JK suspension. I'm getting ready to install my TF Leveling Kit and I want one to be prepared.
Old 07-20-2012, 07:18 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Wrangler5-0
Does anyone know where I can download a service manual for my 2012 JK suspension. I'm getting ready to install my TF Leveling Kit and I want one to be prepared.
Don't know where to get that manual but the TF instructions are not that great. I used them in conjunction with AEVs budget boost instructions to install my TF Performance Lift. You can download AEVs instructions from their site.
Old 07-20-2012, 07:33 AM
JK Newbie

Thats exactly what I was thinking... Thanks! Can I do it solo or should I get a buddy to help?
Old 07-20-2012, 07:47 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I did mine myself no issues. Just remember to disconnect breakline mounts to the body to give your suspension more room to flex to install the springs. Plus you might need a round pencil type file. I had to open up one of the holes on the sway bar to get a bolt through it. No big deal takes about 2-4 minutes of filing.
Old 07-20-2012, 07:48 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Wrangler5-0
Thats exactly what I was thinking... Thanks! Can I do it solo or should I get a buddy to help?
Get a buddy, I did, my jeepin buddy and I did it and threw back some beers too. You can do it solo but having a hand is better. Oh, and while you do it rotate your tires while they are off.
Old 07-20-2012, 07:49 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Honestly the hardest part is just getting you tires remounted.
Old 07-20-2012, 07:55 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by B.S.

Get a buddy, I did, my jeepin buddy and I did it and threw back some beers too. You can do it solo but having a hand is better. Oh, and while you do it rotate your tires while they are off.
Oh and be sure that you start with job with your steering wheel and front tires straight ahead. You will be much less likely to have wheel centering problems. My TF Suspension link bolts in the kit did not fit through the jeeps factory suspension link holes and I had to grind them out a tad to get the bolts through. It was irritating and a problem TF should address by providing the correct sized bolts. I used a Dremel with the small "drum style" grinding wheel to open up the holes a bit. Just set the dremel on high and rotate it around the inside of the hole until the bolt fits. It did not take very much grinding.

Quick Reply: Need Manual to Install Leveling Kit