Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Need a little advice

Old 08-14-2014, 10:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Teraflex yes, that was the first scenario I had looked at. What started my whole process of confusion was looking into the Rancho 9000s. I liked the adjustability of the shock. Then I look at the pricing of the two shocks plus your lift vs the whole sport package and down the road of insanity I go. One question though. Why does the TF come with sway bar links yet the Rancho 2 sport does not?
Old 08-14-2014, 10:21 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

Fewer parts=less money. If you add 2" of lift you should have longer links at a minimum on the rear and move the rear links to the front. the rear links are about 2" longer on the rear then the front so you can just move them to the front. Better kits will give you both front and rear links that are adjustable so you can fine tune the set up even more.

This is how rough country can sell a 4" lift for $500 They just do not include 90% of what is needed to correct the geometry that is screwed up by the 4" increase in coil height.

Last edited by TheDirtman; 08-14-2014 at 10:25 AM.
Old 08-14-2014, 10:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

I hear ya lkjk. I never intended to lift it either. Really wanted the rake eliminated and some newer shocks. Food for thought you all have been great for input and opinions. Holding off on anything till after labor day. Appreciate all the advice everyone.
Old 08-14-2014, 10:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thank you dirtman. I had no clue. Zero mechanical knowledge and your explanation is appreciated.
Old 08-14-2014, 02:01 PM
JK Newbie

Default Take offs

I have a set of 2014 rubi take offs with 320 miles on them.....shocks too. PM if interested.

Quick Reply: Need a little advice