Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Need lift help

Old 02-23-2009, 08:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need lift help

i have an opportunity to buy a budget boost lightly used for less then half the price (100CND). but it does not have the shock extensions. buying knew shock extensions will bring the price up 200 CND. buying new shocks will be about 250 CND. whats should i do. should i just buy a 2.5-3" coil lift? or should i buy the extensions?
i have a 2 door 6 speed, and don't want to ruin my driveshafts.
i'm running 33X2 on 5"bs. so i need some sort of lift before i go wheeling this summer.
thanks
Old 02-23-2009, 09:03 AM
JK Freak

Shocks shouldn't have any affect on your driveshafts, but will affect your ride quality. If you have a X, I would recommend going with the new shocks instead of extensions.
Old 02-23-2009, 09:10 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

as mentioned, i would get new shocks and your driveshafts will not be effected by them.
Old 02-23-2009, 01:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

nevermmind. there was a bit of miss communication between the seller and myself. i have a sahara, but i'm buying the 2.5BB (with extensions) and his 4dr rubi springs and shocks.
he said he's missing some of the hardware for the extensions.... but not the extensions themselves. So i need to buy a few bolts!
thanks anyways though guys!

Quick Reply: Need lift help